Chapter: 24: Family

The waves of the melody swayed by reaching her as it bought a smile lingering on her bare lips

The waves of the melody swayed by reaching her as it bought a smile lingering on her bare lips. A feeling of familiarity rushed resurfacing as she shook her head at one of the happy memories.

Her arm laid against the glass window. It was like watching a fast-paced reel of the mountainous areas as she hummed along with the tune. Her wristwatch demonstrated it was half-past six. The car halted as she examined in front to see the house coming in view.

It would be a lie to say that Jahanara just wanted to give up this whole bravery facade and return to her comfort zone. The weight on her other hand consisted of remnants of the owner whose now will remain in the right place. She started to take the first step. The villa reminded her of the accident weeks ago and clasped her blue eyes shaking her head. 

The security guard attentively inquired about the Identification and allowed her to enter Omar's birth house except he wasn't present. Jahanara exhaled pressing the circular button which chimed taking a step back. Voices from the other end startled her and now she was face to face with an older woman. Her hair in a bun while strands caressing her jawline. 

Jahanara stared into the pools of murky brown, the sides of her eyes wrinkled, which meant she was delighted to see her.

"Asalamwalakum," Jahanara broke the ice, moving her eyes away. She felt overwhelmed and guilty, clawing her up at the mother who lost too much for her to handle.

"Walakumsalam Jahan," She said opening the door for her to enter. As she walked in, removing her sandals, placing them in the shoe rack while her eyes scanned the interior of the villa.

Brown and beige carpet very minimal decoration pieces as she followed the lady of the house to the enormous family hall that could fit more than dozens of people.
There was a picture of him with his family with an elegant smile that was contagious making you smile but that's it. Her heart did not beat or she felt giddy anymore. 

"Sit Jahan," The voice pulled her out as she relaxed in the softness while the lady occupied the place next to her. The fragile hands patted her head with love and the moist that covered her eyes as she pulled Jahanara in an embrace patting her back.

"I am so relieved to know your alive and safe beta," Hania Farooq stated, removing her hands. Jahanara examined the lady reflecting on how beautiful her younger self would be. 

She still couldn't digest the fact they were so welcoming and not threatening to murder her for what she did. "I know what you're thinking but hating you isn't the solution anymore," Hania asserted.

"Since it's your first time let's have dinner and then talk what's say?" She suggested and Jahanara bobbed but pulled the bag urging Hania to hold it. The bewilderment was quite a charm on her face waiting for her to explain.