Chapter 20: I am all yours

Every fibre of her body screamed at her and so did her brain. Surprisingly the heart had just numbed, probably too tired of this bullshit. She was certain that it was her fault.

Her mind had dedicated itself to the memorial of those unforgettable deaths. Omar died saving her. Mahnoor died at her wedding. Ruqia died after giving birth. Strange she was present when it happened. Whatever she touched became dust. Her fingertips pressed on her closed eyes. 

Jahanara's eyes sting with tears and the burning around her eyelids was killing her. She did not bother looking around and stood up but regretted it as she saw stars making her sit with a thud.

'Ya Allah, why does this happen to me?' She thought. Holding the clothes in her hands while entering the washroom and discarded the hospital gown. 

God, it gave her nightmares. She avoided looking at the mirror because if she did nothing could stop this particular pain to come. 

It was a simple oversized shirt and jeans after washing her face and tying her unwashed hair and wearing a jacket and wrapped herself in her shawl. Danish sat outside tapping his foot impatiently and looked at Jahanara who gave her a small nod.

"How are you feeling?" He asked her. Jahanara was sick and tired of this question as she would cast a blank glare at the nurse but she couldn't be rude to him.

"Better," She gave a small smile obvious to the person who stood a bit farther than Danish. 

"Thanks to Allah it wasn't serious," spoke Aliyah.

Jahanara scoffed at the sound and did not bother sparing a glance, otherwise, she might just kill her; the audacity she had to show her face meant she had no shame.

"Bhai(Brother)I want to go home, is the driver here?" She questioned. 

"In 10 minutes I will let you know," He said motioning her to the door beside her as she whispered a thank you and took heavy steps entering into the ward. Shehraz was still unconscious, further adding to her misery she learned he had weak lungs and a lack of oxygen if they stayed there for even a bit longer. 

Jahanara did not want to know what could have happened. She took a seat on the stool, the heart monitor was beeping and the oxygen mask covered his handsome face. She took her cold hands wrapping them in his placing a tender peck resting it against her warm cheeks.

The strings were tied loose as she felt the warmth of his hands breathing in hers. Her heart skipped a beat while the sensations in her chest never ceased. He made her feel things she never knew could be ever felt. Once she let go she realized.