Chapter 9: Omar

• F L A S H B L A C K •

\\ Trigger Warning \\

"Angel is everything stuffed in that small bag of yours?" He asked with hands stuffed in his pockets with a soft double knock.

Jahanara's heart ached to hear his husky deep voice but slapped her cheek. 

"Get it together Jahan" she whispered, biting her lips preventing to scare the poor man with her love-struck smile. Her hands lingered on the knob and twisted it. 

"About time," He muttered sarcastically, leaning his lean build frame against the doorframe. The long back kurta admired every inch of his body while his earthy scent engrossed all her senses not making her think straight. 

Had she not drifted her eyes the intensity would have made her go mad. 

She is madly in love with him. 

"Princess hurry up we will get late. I am coming back and need to grab a few things and..." He ranted twisting the keys in his hand. 

"Don't open the door," Jahanara completed with a smile waving at his disappearing figure feeling the emptiness settle into her. But ignored the feeling of scanning the flat she stayed in for over eight months and now she could look forward to moving away from here.

She dragged her bag and Omar's suitcase in the living room panting heavily at the weight and went back to her bedroom, closing the door like the habit she had.

As she was about to grab her hoodie which was Omar's. She laughed thinking about his reaction when a single knock startled her. 

It's like the roughness of it. 'It can't be Omar he just left,' she believed. Her mind froze the bells of dangers ringing in her ears as she started to hyperventilate in fear. 

The bangs started to get louder making her jump in her place as the dust settled down the floor. It was going to break thankfully her legs pushed her as adrenaline pumped into her blood picking the baseball bat. She raised it waiting for the storm to hit her. 

It happened too quickly she hit the intruder's face buying her time to run out of the room. But not successful in getting away when her screams echoed in the empty flat. Another scar of a knife behind her back the blood ladled in her trouser seeping to her legs and shawl as she gasped feeling on her knees. 

Jahanara did not know what was going to happen when the man dangerously came closer crouching down removing his mask. Her brows shot in the confusion but dipped in realisation.