Chapter 19: To die

Her eyes gripped every word while her hand waved in the air until it touched the cold glass of juice which her lips were quite mesmerized with

Her eyes gripped every word while her hand waved in the air until it touched the cold glass of juice which her lips were quite mesmerized with. But what disrupted her thoughts were the black smoke seeping its way under the closed door.

She scrunched her nose but the alert bells rang instantly she snapped her novel shut standing up her bare feet could feel the heat. Her thoughts were maybe she left the heater on and it burned down.

The thought was less intense and she was aware of Shehraz presence as he just came a few minutes ago. The showers indicated her doubt. Fidgeting with her dupatta and subconsciously she flapped but dropped twisting the door open

She opened it to her worst nightmare. The flames ran deep down red and amber, nearly livid purple. Jahanara's body went frozen as ice against the roaring fire. If it wasn't for the situation. The hues were an elegant colour of bright orange just the way you would sit in front of a bonfire admiring the view.

Right now it was anything to admire.

This scene would be added to her traumatized memories as she felt a burn on her arm seeing the small flame making her welp her hands quickly waving it off the burn would leave a bruise.

The tears had escaped from her eye but never did she realize how scary this would be. She might die right now. Her heart thumped trying to free itself. The gas tank explosion startled her enough to snap herself back to the present, her eardrums almost losing their hearing scenes.

She couldn't move her hands and lingered over her ears while eyes squeezed with pressure watering out her body stopped responding to her mind until she forgot that Shehraz was in the same house as she. Her blood ran cold at the thought of losing him.

"Shehraz," She breathed out as the adrenalin pumped in her blood walking out of her room to his door was on fire and she huffed in frustration and that clenched her chest in fear and worry.

"Shery!" She shouted not being able to hear his voice and yelped at the growing fire behind her.

"You know this isn't right?" A voice that she was all too familiar with while a tear escaped tracing her jawline she turned to see Omar standing amidst the havoc his hands behind his back while her gaze followed his which stared at the burning picture frames of Shehraz and Ruqia's Nikkah frames.

"You have to let go, it's when you will be able to move on and the hurt will fade," He said. 

"Time heals it all Jahan," His sweet voice whispered, filled with sadness. It was all clear now the triggers where she always sees him the fire that act as a barrier between them was always there existing. We weren't meant for each other.