Chapter 17: Finally Here

Shehraz stared at the entrance before pulling his suitcase dragging it into the place where the darkness enveloped him with open arms

Shehraz stared at the entrance before pulling his suitcase dragging it into the place where the darkness enveloped him with open arms. Taking his steps he first visited his room. He flicked the switch to see the room was kept clean, nothing moved except when he opened his wardrobe it was crystal clear.

Changing into a T-shirt and trousers he unpacked his clothes grabbing the hangers and placing each one of them until he got bored and left halfway scrolling down through messages and replying to them exiting his room till he reached the single door. Although he expected her to be asleep he just wanted to get a glimpse.

He twisted the knob as quietly as possible pushing the door where the light gushed along to see their asleep figures. A smile stretches at seeing his Raaya sitting in the cot. He closed the door, biting his lips at the squeaks it produced. He saw her sitting playing with a stuffed toy. The last time he saw her so tiny and then pictures. His steps halted as his heart raced. She stood in her crib holding the small wooden bars and stared at her father with those orbs inherited by him.

"Hi baby," He whispered, closing the distance and grabbing her arms, pulling her in his arms before running out of the room. 

Her doe eyes stared surprisingly not screaming as she sucked her thumb and then laid her head against his shoulder. He patted her back and kissed the side of her head. 

"I miss you and love you so much," He whispered countless times. His emotions overpowered resulting in tears in his eyes as he carefully walked down the stairs.

These moments were being witnessed only by time itself as it rushed the blackness of the night had started to fade away not leaving a single trace. A star of golden lights shimmered across the horizon, a fire ignited to bring warmth to the creation and inspire us to seek the beauty within it. 

For the sun is also a star. 

Danish is an optimistic man, life had taught a lot and he wasn't going to waste any longer as he witnessed the gracefulness of the sunrise which was wholesome. He picked his tablet reading through an article while sipping his tea, indeed the best creation of all.

The loud cries startled him as he saw his younger brother trying his best to calm down the little one. 

"Salam Shehraz Janab," Danish greeted.

Shehraz scoffed at the word Janab panicking at Raaya as to suddenly what was wrong with Raaya. "Walakumsalam Janab," 

Danish shook his head keeping his tablet aside and stood up with his arms stretched out as shehraz passed Raaya to him.