Chapter 10: Prosperity

The darkness enveloped her surroundings, her hand instantly searching her side when it rested on the baby tiny tummy relief washing over her. The Soothing call of Fajr Azan started a few minutes after Jahanara woke up.

It's been so long and yet she couldn't deny the feeling as if it happened yesterday. She wouldn't dare look at her hands and rather switched on the lap to see the baby snoring away. 

It was a mess. 

Four days have passed in which the last two days were chaotic like anything. From doctors appointments to buying feeder bottles and diapers. Jahanara thanked Allah that she had some experience in this department. 

She realized whenever they heard babies and sleepless nights were words joined by hips and yet she couldn't agree more. Her legs touched the fluffy rug making her way to the washroom and then finally putting Mom's efforts into teaching her how to pray. She felt ashamed being 26 and so distant from religion.

"No beta nothing to be embarrassed about at all, no one is perfect and we should never judge anyone taking baby steps," The woman was an embodiment of perfection. Everything a child would want their mother to be.

Jahanara wasn't sure if she could be the best mother but she couldn't leave this innocence alone even if she had to fight with Shehraz for that.

Laying the prayer mat and recalling the direction and surahs needed to be recited. Apart from being beautiful Jahanara was a quick learner, a skill she was yet to admire.

Jahanara grabbed her long hair clipping half of it while letting the other naturally flow by and changed into a long maxi which reached her toe.

She huffed hands on her hips letting the rays of sunlight illuminate the darkness of the room. The curtains drifted apart and of course, the cries did not go overlooked.

She sat beside the cute baby taking her in her arms. "I am so tired, my love, give your Jahan some break okay ?" She whispered as if the baby was listening but demanded to be fed. 

Jahanara Zahid never accepted orders from anyone. Her self respect could never be compromised no matter what. But this fragile-looking being could only let her have her ways. 

She melted her cold heart filling pure warmth in it. Exiting the messy room she strolled across the hallway quickly peeking inside Mom's room. Who sat on her bed reciting the Holy Book without focusing anywhere else. Without disturbing her she made her way down to the living room. 

But stopped staring at the figure who was curled up on the couch in a very uncomfortable position. Shehraz had a counter in one hand and a cap covering his head. As if he sensed a presence his eyes peeled open to see Jahanara with his baby.