Chapter 13: Missing You

Mornings were the most chaotic time in Ahmad's mansion. 

The cooks would start their daily jobs every day at sharp 7. The loud voices of Aliyah Ahmad being in a commanding position made the maids work like a robot in a living hell.

Jahanara only interacted with Aisha; others would glare at her or mumble incoherent words that would hardly reach her ears. But she was already aware of this unknown hatred. 

Jahanara is newly married. Sakeena advised her to wear fancy clothing which did annoy her because she wasn't ready for that. That also in the mornings. Finally, her eyes landed upon a stylish yet casual suit.

The shirt was a mix of sea green and dark blue which was heavily designed with flowers in white. The chiffon dupatta weighed more than her shoulders, almost dislocating her shoulder. Nevertheless, she still wore it.

"It's just for today let's do this," she muttered scanning her reflection and carried Raaya out of her room and entered Sakeena's room. 

"Asalamwalakum Mom," Jahanara greeted with a small smile. Sakeena smiled widened as she made her way sitting in front of her mother in law. Sakeena's eyes held infinite happiness as her heart prayed for her happiness and well-being. Her hands patted  Jahanara's head.

"Walakumsalam Jahan did you sleep well?" She asked heartily, taking Raaya into her arms placing a tender kiss on her tiny cheek. The events of last night made her nervous as she nodded, masking her emotions with a forced smile. 

Sakeena's face suddenly dropped when she remembered the absurd decision her son had informed her about. 

'Ya Allah when will he ever have senses' Sakeena thought. Wondering if Jahanara had any clue about it. Truly it would upset sakeena further if she was completely unaware.

"Jahan do you know that Shehraz will leave soon?" Sakeena instantly felt bad for even asking this question. The slight change in Jahanara's face was caught by her.

"Of course mom I have no problem, it's for work I have no right to stop him," Jahanara's heart disagreed with her stating she felt a bit taken aback when Shehraz informed her last night. He was returning to London for work. He is a CEO after all. 

"But still beta(child) it's not right," Sakeena knew that their relationship is not how it should be but this wasn't what she expected. The disappointment was clear in her tone. 

And here Jahanara thought her day couldn't get any worse. She walked down the stairs to see no one was present. Danish was at work and Aliyah was in her room as usual. But the door opening caught her eyes as she noticed a very distressed Shehraz entered with creases decorating his brow. Jahanars couldn't help but admire his modest clothing, making her heart race.