Chapter 6: Meant to be broken

There was something so calming about watching the sunrise. The orange and yellow hues merged magically, spreading like a safety blanket as if welcoming the grand arrival of the sun. 

Praises to the lord of this earth. 

Shehraz raised his cup of freshly brewed coffee letting the aroma wake his sleepy self. The time was coming closer and leaving Ruqia was not the best idea. But he thanked Allah that his brother had permanently shifted here. 

While Shehraz overlooked his father's business, his elder brother is more of the rebellious type. He worked as an architect which they did not make a fuss about until he married a girl of his own and left the house. 

He squeezed his eyes shut exiting the balcony and stared at his wristwatch learning he had to quickly rush to work. After changing into his office attire he sat beside his Ru caressing her cheek and went closer kissing her plum lips. 

She had him wrapped around her fingers. 

The drive consisted of him switching from one radio channel to the other as he reached the Blue moon Hotel. Gorgeously tall buildings with creative interior and exterior design courtesy go to his elder brother for wanting to do it. 

Mr Ahmad had a problem and because of that, both brothers lost touch when their father passed away two years ago the family reunited because no matter what a mother cannot leave her child. But only mothers like Sakeena Ahmad. 

Shehraz Ahmad is a sweet and charming man only for his family, friends or close relatives. The 25-year-old man showed his cold exterior when it came to work and discipline. 

"Asalamwalakum Shehraz you called me?" His Secretary stood in front of the large desk that had consisted of tons of files for signing and reviewing and a laptop sitting in front of him. 

"Walakumsalam Ahad," Shehraz propped his elbow and gave him a warm smile. "Ahad the information I requested?" 

He slid a black file over the table as Shehraz stopped it, keeping it a mental note to go through it in his free time. 

"Shehraz her full name is Jahanara Zahid she is 26 years old with no parents apparently and was dropped on the doorstep of an adoption centre," Ahad explained, perching his glasses up. Shehraz sensed that it had more to this and gestured to him to take a seat. 

"The adoption centre got closed and then half of the newborns and kids were transferred to foster care and exactly 12 years before she was adopted by a 20-year-old guy named Omar," Ahad sighed, folding his one leg on the other.