Chapter 23: Bullet

Jahanara made goofy faces erupting giggles from Raaya who seems to be not cooperating with her from yesterday. She buttoned her small shirt and picked her up as her tiny fingers clutched her dupatta pulling it.

"No Raaya," Jahanara whispered, her bbrown doe eyes filled with tears andthe next thing it was a crying mess. 

"My princess ko kaun rula raha hai?" (who is making her cry?) Shehraz asked entering her room while buttoning his coat. Jahanara was too busy drooling at him. Raaya raised her hands which shehraz with a bright smile took her in placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Who's making you cry, it's mama right?" Shehraz pointed with a frown on his face. 

"Jahan kui meri princess ko rula rahi ho huh(Why are you making my princess huh?)" He pretends to scold as Raaya looks between her parents, sucking her thumb.

Jahanara pinched her lips as he blamed her for making her cry while Raaya cackled. Her heart swelled witnessing the duo as a smile made its way. Jahanara has more pressing matters like how quickly time was running and she wasn't ready yet. But shehraz placed his arm blocking her path startling her pulling her closer by her waist. 

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked, glancing into those deep blues relinquishing himself into them. She stared at his plump lips wanting to know how soft they are but shook her head feeling the warmth spreading on her cheeks.

"To change Shehraz they will be here anytime," Her voice had that hint of hesitation, her fingers tangled with each other while she bit her lower lip. Shehraz was well aware of how worried and tense she was from the morning as his hand tucked the strand of her hair caressing her cheek.

"Don't worry they won't bite Jahan. She knows you. I told her if that makes you feel better," a bomb exploded on her head, her eyes widened with a grimace.

'No shery that will stress me out more,' she thought, shaking her head. But he put on a smile. "No, it wont stress you out,"

Again Jahanara sighed with a shocked look. 'Can he read my mind? Did I say that out loud,' she thought.

"Of course you said that out loud," Her face burned with embarrassment and glared at him, releasing herself from his embrace. Shehraz laughed wholeheartedly, giving attention to Raaya who seemed to enjoy the show as well.

"Like father like daughter," she muttered, stomping her feet but not before smiling at her silly self.

Jahanara tapped her finger on her cheek, staring at the outfits getting more confused and tired. All looked the same and if she liked one suddenly the other one seemed even better. Never did she thinky choosing an outfit was this difficult. What did she get herself into?