Chapter Eight

"Bucky just asked me out!" 

Natasha's face fell, but before you could notice, she covered it up with a fake smile. "When's the date?" She asked. "Tonight. He's picking me up at 7"

"I have to get ready. I'll see you later Nat" You said as you practically skipped away. Once you left the room her face dropped and she dragged her feet all the way to her room.

You had a couple hours before you had to start getting ready so you went to Wanda's room to tell her the news. You opened the door you see you're two best friends sitting on the bed talking. Peter has his back toward the door, but when Wanda stops talking and looks your way, so does he. Wanda notices the big smile on your face, "y/n what happened? Why are you so happy?" she said as she gets off the bed and walks over to you. "I have a date with Bucky tonight!" you almost yell as you couldn't keep the information in any longer. "OMG! Tell me exactly what happened!" Wanda said and dragged you over to the bed. You all sit in a triangle and you explain what happened.

"...And he's swinging by my room at 7." you said to finish the story. Wanda looks over at the clock, "It's only 4:30. Go shower and we can start getting you ready!" Wanda says and you nod and go to your room. You shower and wash your face before going to your closet and putting on a hoodie and biker shorts. A few minutes later, Wanda and Peter walk into the room. Peter instantly goes to sit on your bed while Wanda walks straight to your closet. "He said casual?" Wanda asks, her attention still on the closet filled with clothes. She picks out a few t-shirt, jeans, and jackets.

You tried on about 5 different combinations of clothes before picking: (I thought it would be easier to just show you)

(Also if you don't like it you can just imagine something else, it really doesn't matter)

Well technically Peter picked it, he has surprisingly good taste in clothes. For your makeup, you only put on some mascara and a bit of blush. By the time you were ready, it was already 6:53 pm.

Wanda and Peter spend the rest of the 7 minutes calming down your nerves. Then you hear a knock on the door. Wanda and Peter hide behind the door so he won't know they're there. When you open the door, it reveals Bucky

(I'm picturing that he had short hair btw. and imagine that he has a metal arm in that pic)

 and imagine that he has a metal arm in that pic)

You can't help but laugh at his goofiness. He takes the rose out of his mouth and hands it to you. "You look beautiful y/n." He says. "Why thank you, you don't look so bad yourself Bucky." you giggle and he smiles. You put the rose down on your desk and walk back over to him, he extended his arm for you to take and he walked you down to the garage. 

The car ride is about 20 minutes and you two fill it with chit-chat. 'Thank goodness this isn't awkward' You think to yourself and you get out of the car. Bucky goes to the backseat and grabs a picnic basket and two blankets. He walks out into the field with you following. When you get further into the meadow he stops and places the basket down and lays one of the blankets out and motions for you to sit. He then opens the basket and pulls out a few mini lanterns that when turned on they gave off a yellow glow, just enough to see each other and the blanket.

"Do you like it?" He asks shyly and you could see a glint of hope in his eye. "Bucky, this is amazing." You say and he smiles. He then turns to pull out a bottle of wine and two wine glasses. "Wine?" He asks, showing you the bottle. "I'd love some, thank you." You watch as he tries to pick up the wine glass carefully without breaking it, but is clearly struggling. "Here let me," you say grabbing the glass from him and giving him a sincere smile telling him to not be embarrassed. You pour the wine as he pulls out 2 ham and cheese sandwiches.

The two of you are eating and getting to know each other better. You guys share stories about when you were children and then he tells you about what life was like back then compared to now. 'This is one of the most perfect dates I've ever been on. I don't think it could get better than this.' You think and a few moments later he puts the now empty wine glasses, puts away the bottle, and closes the basket, and pushes it off to the side. "Do you like stargazing?" He said as he gestured for me to lay down next to him. "Actually, yes." You said honestly because the stars and sky always intrigued you.

You laid down next to him and he covered the both of you with the second blanket. An hour went by of the two of you lost track of time talking and pointing out any constellations you recognized, even made up a few. 

It was silent for a few minutes when you heard Bucky's head turn to face you. You copy him and turn your head to look at him. He just stared at you, completely silent, with a smile on his face. The sight made you giggle, "what" you asked softly. "you're so beautiful y/n" he says in the same tone making you blush. He then turns to lean on his side, still facing you, and uses his forearm to prop himself up a bit. You copy him and he moves closer to you. He begins to lean in and stops when your noses are almost touching. His eyes alternate between your eyes and your lips, "can I kiss you?" he asks and you nod. He leans in more, connecting his lips to yours. You shared a soft, sweet kiss. When he pulled away you both gazed into each other's eyes and smiled.

You held each other's gaze for a few minutes before he began to lie down again but he gestured for you to lie next to him. You didn't hesitate to cuddle into his side and lean your head on his chest. His right arm wrapped around you and you could feel his finger tracing circles on your back over the sweater you are wearing. Your eyelids began to feel heavy. Right before you drifted off to sleep, you felt him kiss the top of your head.