Chapter Fifty Five

Wanda was sat next to you, leaning against the headboard on your bed as you both watched a movie in your room.

"Is Nat seeing anyone?" you blurted out and Wanda turned her head to you but yours stayed towards the television.

She studied your profile as she came up with an answer. "Not that I'm aware of. Why do you ask?"

"So you didn't know about her and Bruce?" 

"Y/n-" Her gaze flickered down to her lap before quickly returning back to you. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because that's not my secret to tell. And why does it matter? You don't like her do you? After everything she's done to you..." Wanda trailed off somewhat regretting that she opened her mouth.

"What did she do?"

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"It doesn't matter... You can ask her about it but I would just leave it alone and move on. Find someone better to crush on."

"I am not crushing on her."

"Please y/n/n. I know you. Just give her up, pick someone else."

"Like who?"

"Maybe someone that wants you and only you. Who's always been by your side. And who is patient enough to wait for you because they know you're worth waiting for."

You chuckled, "If only. I don't think that person exists."

"Oh trust me, they do. They're out there, you just have to find them."

"Can I start looking tomorrow? Right now I just want to relax." you joked and Wanda let out an airy laugh before she moved her arm to wrap around you which made you lean into her warmth and rest your head on her shoulder.

That's the last thing you remember before you felt yourself waking up. As you stretched out your limbs you realized Wanda was no longer in bed with you. Your mind was still laced with sleep and now confusion as you slowly sat up in bed and quickly searched your room for any trace of her only to come up empty.

"Wanda?" you spoke barely loud enough to carry through the room. You thought maybe she was in the bathroom.

That was shut down when your door opened to reveal the woman herself walking back into your room with two bowls in her hand.

"Morning sleepy head." She carefully carried the bowls over to the bed and handed you one. When you looked inside you found cereal with milk and a spoon. You thanked her and she playfully moved about as she wiggled back into bed. She placed her bowl on the night stand as she quickly threw the blankets back onto her body.

"It's cold" she spoke so innocently and you laughed.

"What's with the royal treatment?"

"Only the best for my princess." You knew she was just being playful but you couldn't help the butterflies in your stomach as you kept your head down and ate a spoonful of cereal to try and hide the blush that creeped its way onto your face, the one you hoped she wouldn't see.

But of course she did, "Aw blushing for me? You're adorable." she smirked at you as she stuffed her face with cereal and you did the same.

After that comment the two of you went back to your normal best friend chit chat and gossip.

"Tony won't stop teasing him about it. He even had his friend over again the other night and Tony caught him sneaking out of the tower at 3 in the morning." You gaped at the woman, amazed and curious as to how she got this information.

"Do we know who this guy is?" you inquired.

"Some guy name Sam. It must be serious, Steve isn't one to just invite someone over." you nodded in agreement and basically inhaled the rest of your cereal before you placed the empty bowl on the night stand.

There was a long silence before you spoke up again. "Should I go talk to her?" Wanda thought for a moment before she realized who you meant and she shook her head and when you moved to get up she grabbed your arm and pulled you back down into the bed.

"Y/n/n, give it some time. Your acting on impulse. Think on it and if you still want to talk to her about it after you get your results back then I won't stop you. But for now can we just lay in bed and watch trash tv?" You nodded and got back into bed. She opened her arms and you leaned into her embrace.

A/n: Sorry for the short chapters. I've been super busy, but soon I'll write some longer ones and hopefully finish this story already.