Chapter Fifty One

"EVERYONE READY TO GO!?" you yelled from the empty living room.

"First!" Peter ran in excitedly followed by Steve, Bucky, Thor and Bruce. "Tony's waiting for us in the garage." I told Peter and he made his way down to accompany the billionaire.

"Nat! Wanda!" you yelled and shortly after Nat walked in wearing jeans a shirt and a zip up hoodie.

She smiled as she walked toward you, she was about to say something when Bruce interrupted, "hey Nat you look nice"

"Bruce, uhm you too" she responded but never took her eyes off of you.

"I-" she was cut off once again. "Nat, do you want to head down? Tony and Peter are already at the cars?" she visibly sighed. "Y/n?"

"Wanda's not ready yet" you simply said and Nat nodded before walking away.

You were wondering what was taking Wanda so long so you decided to go to her room. Luckily when you got there she had just finished and was walking out of her room.

"Someone took their sweet time" you joked. "Sorry I got distracted" you both made your way down to the garage where the team was waiting.

"Finally! Let's lock and load!" Tony hopped into one to the drivers seats and Steve, Thor and Bucky joined him.

The four of them filled the first truck so the rest of you got into the second. Nat volunteered to drive and Bruce took the passenger seat leaving you, Wanda and Peter in the back. "By the way, Peter do you know what movie is showing?"

"I think it was some kind of rated R movie?"

"Like a horror?" he nodded.

Throughout the ride you three chatted a bit until Natasha announced that you had arrived. You all got into the truck bed and began chatting for a while before you asked Peter what time the movie was supposed to start.

You had 15 minutes to kill so you offered to go to the concession to get some snacks. They thanked you as you got up to get out of the trunk. Once your feet hit the ground and you stood up straight your vision began to darken on the edges along with a feeling of light headedness which caused you to stumble a small bit. But not small enough to go unnoticed by Natasha. "Y/n you okay?"

She moved to get out of the truck bed but you put your hand out to stop her. "I'm good Nat. Just lost my balance."

She could hear the exhaustion in your voice as you spoke but she knew if she tried to talk to you, you wouldn't listen. "I know you are. I just wanted to come with you to help you carry the snacks." Her excuse was good enough for you to not fight her.

You gave some snacks to the boys in the other truck before returning to yours and taking the empty space next to Wanda and Natasha sat on your other side.

"Y/n could I have some popcorn please?" Peter asked and you gave him the whole bag, he squealed in joy and stuffed his mouth with a hand full of popcorn.

He immediately froze mid-chew as he noticed you all staring at him. His mouth was so full he looked like a chipmunk. "What? You guys want some?" you chuckled.

"No. Thanks" you spoke up and the rest of them shook their heads and turned their attention to the screen as the movie began to play and the lights turned down.

You felt like someone was staring at you but you shrugged it off and paid all your attention to the movie.

As the movie went on, the jump scares began. You just knew there was another one coming. It was the cliché; it's night time and the girl is all alone.

Even though you were expecting it you still jumped when the scare happened. Out of instinct you searched for shelter in the person next to you. This time it just so happened to be Natasha.

You hid your face in her neck. At first Natasha was stiff because this came to her as a surprise but once she looked at you her instinct was to wrap her arm around you protectively. You pulled your head away so that you could look at her. "I'm sorry"

"Don't be. Are you scared?"

"Pff... A little." you tried to laugh at yourself but you couldn't help but feel embarrassed. "Don't worry, I'll protect you." You smiled at her words before you felt your stomach growl. And apparently she felt it too. "You hungry?"

You nodded slightly and she began to sit up and pulled you out of the truck. "Where are we going?"

"I'm hungry too. Come on let's go get food. That movie was getting boring anyways" she told you honestly as she held your hand and walked you to a diner across the street.

The two of you were now sat in a booth and had already ordered your food. The diner itself was relatively noisy but there was a silence between you and Natasha. Both of you waiting for the other to speak first. "We're you enjoying the movie?" you asked.

"To be honest I wasn't really paying attention to the movie" she replied.

"So you were the one that was watching me?" You teased her and you noticed a hint of color grow on her cheeks. You made her blush.

"How is everything?" she changed the subject. "Everything?" You asked for clarification.

"The Avengers, living at the tower..." she wanted to say something else but decided against it. You replied with a simple 'okay' because you weren't really sure how you felt about everything yet. You loved being there and being included in that family but you had this lingering feeling that something bad was about to happen and you couldn't shake it.

You decided to change the subject again and you both started sharing things about yourselves to each other. Natasha of course already knew a lot about you and you didn't know this but everything you told her she already knew, but she didn't mind listening to you tell her again. Whenever it was Natasha's turn you'd listen intently, holding onto everything she said.

"Actually I wanted to ask you something" you spoked out and she nodded for you to continue. "I was wondering if-" you got cut off by Bruce and Wanda walking up to the booth you were sat in. As they sat down, Natasha never once took her eyes off of you. She wanted to know what you were going to ask her, even if it was something small and meaningless she still wanted to hear it. But you had already turned your attention to Wanda who sat next to you, after saying hello to Bruce who took a seat next to Natasha.

"Wait, where's Peter?" you asked as he was the only one who was in your trunk bed that's not currently here. "We didn't ditch him, if that's what you're asking. He joined the other guys" you nodded, satisfied with Wanda's answer. 

The next hour was like that too. Natasha tried to pay attention to you, but Wanda held your attention and the two of you talked for the rest of the time while Bruce kept trying to talk to her. It was like Bruce and Wanda planned this on their way to the diner. You didn't notice it but Natasha most certainly did. It was only now that she realized she didn't want to be friends with you anymore. She was done being stubborn, she wanted you back.