Chapter Fifty Seven

"Don't lie to me, Wanda" The older woman had Wanda backed against a wall, but the latter wasn't afraid. Partially because Natasha was no match for her magic and partially because she understood that Natasha just wanted to know the truth. 

"I'm not. Why would I lie about this?" the girl spoke calmly. Natasha slightly backed off realizing how badly she was acting, "I don't know, Wanda! I just don't trust you." Without hesitation, Wanda reached out and pulled Natasha in for a hug, catching both women off guard, but it seemed to be helping. 

"Are you ready to talk about what's really going on here?" Wanda stared daggers at Natasha but the redhead ignored it. She was good at hiding it, but she knew there was some truth in what Wanda had said. There was something deeper going on, which only made her angrier.

"And what's that, Wanda?"

"That you're jealous!" She scoffed at that comment. "I'm not jealous and I don't need to be jealous."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, I am... I am because I love her and I would do anything for her. Even if that means letting you two be together to make her happy." 

Wanda sighed. "Natasha."

"No, it's fine, Wan. I'm just going to go, you should probably check on y/n. See if she's okay." Wanda moved toward her and engulfed her in a hug. After a few seconds, it was reciprocated. "You need to check on her."

"But she wants you-"

"No, Tasha. You're the one she wants. Can't you see that?" Her words were soft and comforting as they were whispered into the redhead's ear. Natasha slumped in Wanda's arms. "Did I mess it up? Have I waited too long?" Wanda's heart ached when she realized Natasha's voice was cracking from her pain.

"No, you haven't. But if you waste anymore time talking to me, I'm going to change that answer."  Both of them pulled away. A grateful smile could be seen on Natasha's face, a rare sight due to her never letting anyone help her. She whispered a 'thank you' to the brunette before heading after you.

Natasha reached your door ready to knock but it was already open. Peter was talking, she didn't pick up what he had said but it caused you to laugh. She could feel her heart warm at the sight. 

"Oh, hey Nat." you looked up at her as she silently approached the bed. "How are you doing?" 

You shrugged and looked to Peter who smiled and nodded toward you before standing up and brushing past the redhead. "I should be going. I have that thing." Nobody responded to his comment, instead, you watched him walk out as Natasha sat down on the bed across from you. She wasn't sure if she should bring up the new information she got from Wanda, or if she should even trust the information she got from the witch. "How are you feeling?" 

You sighed and shot her a weak smile. "I feel better. And how are you doing?" The woman shrugged, unsure what to say. "I'm guessing Wanda told you." Natasha couldn't bring herself to meet your eyes as you made the accusation. She only nodded. "Natasha. I feel very conflicted."

"About what? The baby?" You nodded before finding the will to continue, "...And about you." That's when Natasha finally turned to you, praying that you continue. "I thought you liked me, but then nothing happened and then a lot happened... I just don't know what to do." 

"Y/n-" 

You cut her off. "It's okay, Nat. You don't have to say anything and I don't expect you do to anything but I just wanted to get it out-" before you could finish Natasha's hands were cupping your face and pulling you forward to meet her lips. 

Something about the way her mouth moved with yours felt so familiar and right that you found yourself chasing after her when she pulled away. "Y/n. I not only like you, but I love you. I was scared to make a move because I didn't want to tie you to me before I was sure how you felt. There is only one thing I want more than you and that's for you to be happy. Whether you wanted me or Wanda or whatever, I wanted you to have it." you could feel yourself physically melting into her touch.