Chapter Twenty Two

"Y/n!" you hear Bucky yell causing your eyes to shoot open. "What happened" you ask as you slowly pick yourself off the ground. "I was right, now we need to go" he says as you look over at the ship which is now in pieces.

After about 2 miles of walking, you make it to a small town on the side of a mountain and near the ocean. "Where are we anyways?" you ask while walking down the street. Bucky enters one of the buildings while you stay outside and look for a phone. After a few minutes, he comes back outside, "We're in Norway. And also I got us a room." he says as he motions for me to follow whim back into the building, it's a hotel.

You make your way to the room Bucky rented out. "It's cute" you say as you look around at the small room with one bed. "I hope it's not a problem if we share a bed, they didn't have any other rooms available." he says when he notices you're looking at the bed. "No, it's fine" you say as you walk further into the room and into the bathroom. "Alright well you can shower and I'll go buy us food and more bandages" he says as he makes his way out of the room.

You turn on the shower to let it heat up before stepping inside. After you take your suit off, you carefully take the gauze off your wound to get a better look at it. "Ew" is all you can say before stepping into the shower. "SHIT" you whisper yelled when the water hit your cut. You shower quickly with the complimentary soaps before getting out and slipping you suit back on. You leave the top half of your suit unzipped so that it's not on your cut. Bucky then re enters the room holding two bags. He places one of the table and hands the other to you. "You know a lot of people looked at me weird when they saw this tacky staff I was walking around with" you laughed but stopped when it caused a sharp pain in your side. In the bag he gave you were supplies for you to clean and bandage up your cut, which you used when he was in the bathroom.

Once he came out of the shower, you took out the food he bought and the two of you ate on the bed. "We should probably find a way to contact Fury" you suggest and he just nods. A blanket of silence covers the room as you figure out what you're going to say next. "Buck, I need to tell you something." you say and he nods for you to continue. "I'm not sure how to put this but uhh-" you trail off before he interrupts. "Your choosing Nat" he finishes for you. "How did you?" he cuts you off again, "I just can y/n, you seem happier when shes around. And I just want you to be happy so there's no hard feelings here." he reassures you and you let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you Bucky. For everything" you say as you go into hug him.

After a couple minutes he pulled away from the hug, "Can I just say something else?" you nod. "I have a feeling that you might be in the same situation again very soon." you give him a look. "Oh not with me though" you try and process what he is saying but before you can open your mouth to speak he gets off the bed, "You done with your food?" he asks and you nod before giving him the trash. "You should probably go and contact Fury to let him know where we are."

"What's his number again?" you ask but Bucky just shrugs. "Great" you say before punching in numbers and hoping its correct. "Hello?" you silently hurray as you hear his voice. "Director Fury, the quinjet was destroyed. We are now staying in a hotel 2 miles from the base." you say. "Alright I'll send them your new coordinates" he says before hanging up. It's now 10pm. "Buck we should probably get some sleep" you begin to get under the covers in the middle of the bed. "Scoot over, I'll fall off the bed if you sleep there" he says as he begins to get into bed. "Sorry it's cold" you say and he laughs before taking the hint. "This won't be awkward tomorrow right?" you ask as he puts his arms around you and pulls you into him. "Not if you don't make it awkward" he jokes and you chuckle before silence fills the room, and you both drift off to sleep.