Chapter Forty Two

Natasha walked into the room because she was going to supervise in case anything went wrong.

"Hey Natasha" she smiled at you before sitting down on the couch. You were sitting on the bed and Wanda was standing right next to you. "You ready?" as you lie down Wanda gets ready. Her hand hovers above your head, so close that you can feel the heat radiating from her palm. Her eyes change to red as she uses her powers and enters your mind.

The two of you were sitting on a couch with an old boxed tv in front of you. "Are we in my mind right now?" she nodded and grabbed the remote, "this is just to help organize your memories, we should be able to see them on the tv and use the remote to flip through them" you nodded and turned to the tv.

The first memory you saw was the mission where the Avengers captured you. "Okay, maybe a little further" Wanda spoke to herself as she clicked the remote a couple of times.

In the next memory, you both weren't sure what was happening at first, it was dark in the room and there were a few small noises but nothing you could decipher from until you heard a moan. Your eyes went wide and you quickly grabbed the remote and clicked the next channel before giving it back to her.

"Was that?" she gaped at you. You were too embarrassed to face her right now so you kept your eyes locked on the screen until she spoke again. "Don't be embarrassed y/n/n, nothing I haven't heard before" you somehow managed to choke on air before you faced her. "I'm kidding" she laughed and you giggled but still felt awkward about what just happened.

You slowly turned back to the tv, you immediately knew what memory this was. It was your birthday dinner that Luke had cooked for you, he was so sweet and that evening was amazing. You grinned and she noticed but she didn't want to ruin this because she hasn't seen you smile in a really long time.

Once the memory ended, Wanda continued to flip through your memories. She paused when she got to the moment in the hospital. "When was this?" she was wondering why you were in the hospital. "This was when I woke up" she nodded and went back further but the next channel was static.

"I guess we found it" she moved towards the tv and you saw her using her powers but you didn't know what she was doing. You watched her for a little bit until you heard that high-pitched sound again and Wanda began to look around, "what is that noise?" you shrugged but were relieved that she could hear it too.

The noise got louder to the point where it blocked out everything else in your mind and that's all you could think about. You tried to block out the noise by covering your ears but it wasn't working. When you looked over at Wanda you could see that she was experiencing the same thing.

"Wanda?" you yelled and when she looked up at you her eyes were scarlet red and she quickly left your mind.

Her eyes faded back to their natural green, "Wanda what happened did it work?" Natasha rushed to Wanda's side, her gaze alternated between the troubled redhead and you who was still unconscious.

"No, something forced me out it was hurting both of us, whatever hydra did it's preventing me from retrieving her memories" she watched you intently, wondering why you aren't awake yet. "So what now?"

"Now we wait and hope that with time away from hydra she will start to remember" Wanda sighed and began to use her powers again. "What are you doing?" Natasha stepped in front of Wanda blocking hear from you, "You said she was in pain"

"From trying to mess with her memories, I'm just going to read her mind to see if she is trying to get contact with hydra" Natasha nodded and stepped back.

"Anything?" Wanda shook her head, "Nothing bad, she just wondered what Hydra was planning that they haven't attacked anywhere since she's been captured" Natasha raised an eyebrow, "She has a point" Wanda agreed with the woman.

You woke up to both women staring at you. "Are you okay y/n?" Wanda asked as she leaned down toward you but you backed away. "What's wrong?" she backed up.

"Nothing" they didn't believe you so Wanda read your mind. "You don't trust us? Y/n listen, I promise you that it is not me that is causing the pain. Please believe me when I say that I would never want to hurt you" you wanted to believe her so badly but how much do you really know about these people, sure they were nice but anyone would be if they wanted something from you.

"No, sorry I don't know why it keeps happening" Wanda spoke telepathically to you.

(The italics mean it is in your mind)

"How am I supposed to just believe that you are not the one playing mind games with me?" you thought.

"You are just going to have to trust us, trust me. Have I done anything to make you not trust me yet?"

"No, but how am I just supposed to trust any of you. You may know everything about me but to me, you are all strangers. I may know about you as Avengers but I know absolutely nothing about you as people. So if you want my trust you are going to have to earn it."

"You're right, we were so caught up in getting your memories back and expecting you just to trust us that we haven't really given you a good reason to."

"Uh, guys what's going on?" Nat finally spoke up reminding the two of you that she was there and couldn't hear a word you and Wanda were saying in your head.

"We are having a party tonight, just the team" Wanda informed Nat before leaving the room to tell Tony and the rest of the Avengers.

A/n: hey people! Thank you for your support. I really appreciate when you vote. I would also appreciate if you checked out my other story that I just started, I have a few chapters out already. It's called 9 Lives.

Have a good day <3