Chapter Forty Five

You woke up feeling a warmth on the back side of your body. You slightly turned your head to see nat cuddled up to your back, spooning you. you smiled at how her arms were wrapped around your waist protectively. She was really warm and smelled like heaven.

'How did we get in this position?' you thought. the last thing you remembered was both of you lying next to each other on opposite ends of the bed. She began to wake up so you closed your eyes and feigned sleep.

She sniffed your hair, taking in your scent and you tried not to blow your cover as you felt butterflies in your stomach. "I miss you" she whispered before letting go of you and your heart ached. You wanted so badly to remember everything, for your sake and hers.

Natasha got out of bed and you knew she was just standing in place as she was blocking out the rays of sunlight that were previously shining directly onto your face.

You slowly opened your eyes to find her staring directly at you. "Watching me sleep again huh?" you teased as you stretched out your limbs.

"Come on, we have stuff to do today" she grabbed your arm pulling you out of bed, completely ignoring your comment.

"Such as?" you slowly walked over to the couch, where you immediately collapsed. Natasha giggled at you before pulling you up once again, this time carrying you into the bathroom.

"Hey!" you protested as she placed you down before going to leave. "Now get ready" she scolded before closing the door on her way out.

"Mind telling me what we are doing?" you sighed when you didn't get a response and began to get ready for the day.

Half and hour later you heard your bedroom door open and heard someone walk in. "You ready?" Natasha asked from the other side of the bathroom door. You wondered if she actually trusted you enough to leave you alone in your room?

"Now come on, we are going grocery shopping. The boys eat like pigs so we might be out a while." you follow her out of the tower and into her car.

At the market the two of you walk side by side and you feel her hand brush up against yours a couple times before she grabs a wagon and pushes it through the sliding doors.

You took a deep breath in as you smelled the stores air conditioning. It may sound weird but you have always enjoyed the smell. Nat seemed to notice because you caught her staring directly at you, not even trying to hide her smirk.

"Hey, stop staring!" you teased before walking further into the market. "I cant help it, you're so cute when you do that" she commented as she caught up to you and you felt yourself blushing.

As time went on you and her fell into a rhythm as you walked down the isles and she would push the cart and tell you which items to grab. You'd grab them and put them in the cart quickly enough that she didn't have to stop walking.

About half and hour had past as the two of you made it down the last isle. "Can you push the cart, I'm going to get something? Just grab ketchup and whatever you want and I'll meet you at the end." you nod and grab the wagon, slowly pushing it down the isle so she had time to do whatever she was doing.

On your way to the ketchup you saw an elderly woman trying to grab a can from the top shelf and she seemed to be struggling a bit so you quickly ran over to help her. "Ma'am do you need any help?" you asked politely and she turned to you with a smile. "Yes could you just grab that one please" she pointed to the item and you nodded and got on your tippy toes to reach it. You handed it to her and you both exchanged a smile, "Thank you dear" she said before turning and walking down the isle and you walked back to the wagon.

You push the handles on the cart and finally reached the end of the isle, and just in time Natasha walked over with a tub of chocolate ice cream and a can of whipped cream.

"All set?" she asked as she took over pushing the wagon. "You ask like it was that hard"

"Well I thought it was an easy task I gave you, but seeing as though you failed at something as simple as getting ketchup..." she trailed off as you realized and you went back and grabbed a ketchup bottle and placed it in the cart as she got into a checkout line.

She watched you and you could see she was stifling a laugh. "Stop! There is a perfectly good explanation." you defended and she raised an eyebrow. "Oh really, what was it? Did you meet someone while I was gone?" she teased.

"As a matter if fact I did" you smirked at her not needing to spill all the details. You saw her face fall momentarily and it made you feel bad. "Did you get a number?" she asked her face now unreadable. "I would've asked but I don't even think she had a phone to be honest"

"What gives you that idea?" she asked with one eyebrow raised. "Well seeing as though she was in her 80's I don't think she was looking to make any new friends, but I could always ask. Oh look she's right there" you see the woman standing in a checkout line 2 lanes over.

The woman sees you and waves and you wave back before looking back at Natasha who was smiling but you could tell she was a little embarrassed and relieved at the same time.

After paying for the groceries, the two of you loaded the bags into the trunk and drove home. When you arrived back, Wanda, Peter, Steve and Bucky all helped, seeing as though there were a lot of bags since you had to buy a lot of food.

It helped to have more people because things got put away very quickly and before you knew it everyone was off doing their own thing.

"Sorry I made you come with me today, I wasn't feeling up to taking one of the boys with me" Natasha apologized but you reassured her. "No I didn't mind, it was fun to get out of the tower and just hang out, the two of us." you both exchanged a smile before you walked off to talk to Peter in the living room and Nat stayed back in the kitchen and was soon joined by Wanda.

"So are you two?" Wanda wiggled her eyebrows, trying to insinuate that she meant 'together'. "No Wands, we just went out because I didn't want to take one of the boys, also I knew you were busy"

"Mhmm sure" Wanda was unconvinced. "I'm serious Wanda, and I don't think I can be with her. Not when she is without her memories." Wanda furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's just, I don't think I can get close to her again, it was hard to open up the first time and then when I lost her I felt like I was going to break and... I just don't think I can, I won't" Natasha rambled and Wanda nodded slowly trying to understand Nat's perspective.

"So your not going to try at all? Are you at least going to be friends with her?" Wanda questioned. "Yes, I'll be friends with her. I love being in her presence and being around her but I don't think I could open up to her like that and date her when she doesn't have her memories. It's just a little too painful" Natasha explained. "Are you sure about this?" Natasha nodded and the two of them watched you and Peter talking and laughing on the couches.

A/n: Okay I know that scene with the elderly woman was random but I just wrote it because it happened to me and I thought it was cute. Anyways.

Hope you have a good day <3