Interest

The half male waved goodbye to his friend in the ponytail before catching sight of his eldest brother with red hair. He waved at the male as his blue eyes shone happily waving at him.

"What's good lil bro." He said with a smile as they exchanged a high five. "See you got a lady friend." The male eyed him teasingly as he punched him softly entering the limo.

"Hey mom, hey dad." He greeted the buff male with red hair, and his angelic faced mother with pure white hair.

"Hello Shoto dear how was school?" She asked her son as he sat across from the couple.

"Good, we got an interesting new student." He responded as his brother entered the car and they drove off.

"Interesting how?" His father asked.

"Her name's Y/N Makena." He continued before a look of recognition swept across his father's face.

"You know her Enji?" His wife asked.

The male shook his head. "Not her in particular, but I am familiar with the name Makena." He started before looking off thinking. "Yes there was a Pro Hero from America with that name, Eden Makena. I believe she had a daughter by that name."

"Had?" His brother asked in question as Shoto arched his brow.

"If I remember correctly," their mother started. "Eden died about 4 years ago."

At his words, Shoto's brows furrowed as he looked off. Didn't Y/N say her parents sent her and her brother here? Shoto thought.

"Well damn," his brother whispered. "but Shoto you said she was interesting."

"Yeah, when she arrived she had a cane."

"A cane?" His father asked as his mother looked at him shocked.

The boy nodded. "Makena has a limp I guess, some injury that never healed she said. She can't seem to walk without it."

"Then what is she doing in a hero school?" His brother asked slightly concerned.

"Trust me half my class was wondering the same thing, until she had to do a quirk assessment. She has a butterfly quirk, and part of it allows her to make a cocoon that encases a part of her body, and she used it to secure her leg."

"Like a cast?" His mother asked.

"Yeah, very much like a cast. It's very durable, she passed the assessment with flying colors and ended up placing number 1. Right after she sparred one of our classmates."

"How did that end?" His mother asked.

"She was about to win, but her opponent was stubborn and it ended in a draw." Shoto explained as Enji rose a brow as he thought.

"A potential intern for you?" His wife asked.

The male shrugged his shoulders as he pondered the idea. "Maybe. The way she delivers herself sounds interesting. But I'll have to wait till the sports festival before I decide on it."

"What do you think lil bro?" His brother asked.

"About what?"

"About that Makena girl, she seems to have piqued you interest."

"A little, I am curious about her injury. But more so about her reason in Japan."

"Why do you say that?" His mother asked.

"She said that her parents sent her and her brother here. But then dad just said her mother's been dead." Shoto explained.

Touya arched his brow at his brother's words. "Maybe she doesn't like to talk about it."