One for All

Three days have passed, recovery is slow but there. Their other quirks have begun to work again. Izuku sat in his room watching those green sparks manifest in his palm. This security was much needed. The presence of All Might's gift granted some hope for his dream.

A little bit.

"Young Midoriya!" Speak of the devil. All Might stood proud in the doorway as he entered the room. "How are feeling my boy?"

"Fine I guess, the quirk still works." He said quietly making that energy appear again.

"That's good." The hero nodded before looking at his face. "And what about your mind?" Izuku looked at him confused by the question. "I heard about what happened with Shoto. He's a bit better but still quiet, so his family is keeping him distracted. So I wanted to make sure that you're . . ."

Izuku tilted his head at the absence of his words.

"Sane?"

He almost choked at the response. "N-no not sane, I mean I want you to have a healthy mind I just . . . I wanted to make sure your mind wasn't . . . hurting you. If that makes sense." He stopped almost ashamed of his words. "That probably didn't make sense. I'm sorry."

"It's fine All Might sir." Izuku said before falling silent. "I don't know if my mind is hurting me. At least not just yet. But I do hear things." The hero looked at him worried before correcting him. "Not hear things in a supernatural sense but like . . . how Y/N is able to hear things I can hear people clearly several floors up. I hear Titan with his pups going through the hospital and Racer talking to other heroes in the parking lot. I can hear birds blocks away, sometimes I can even hear you guys in your meetings. Talking about how to take us home, what heroes would stand watch at our homes and all that."

A look of surprised appeared on the permanent smile in his features. "You can hear all of that my boy? When did this start?"

"Two days ago. Kacchan had his manifest a day before me. I don't know about Shoto, he's a bit . . . more broken to ask."

All Might nodded before remembering. "Ah yes, before I forget," He reached for the pack on his back and took out what was Midoriya's school bag. "Some of us went back to the rubble and found all of your belongings." He reached inside and pulled out a notebook. "Even your quirk notes."

Izuku's eyes widened at the sight of his most prized possession. "They didn't destroy it?" He asked while taking it and began flipping through pages.

"No surprisingly, none of your belongings were tampered with." All Might responded quite pleased to give Izuku some joy.

"What Y/N's cane, and her butterfly?"

"They got them, her butterfly appears unharmed for the most part. Both have been returned to her." He paused recalling the emptiness in your gaze when he checked on you before. "She didn't have much of a reaction. Her father says she hasn't spoken in the past few days."

Izuku frowned at his words. Every time he had walked by your room you were just glaring. Not staring into nothing like Shoto. You looked angry. Enraged was more accurate. A quiet rage.

"She's really angry." He muttered to Toshinori's confusion.

"Angry?" He repeated before understanding himself. "Of course I imagine she is. I do need to depart, you rest easy."

Izuku nodded as All Might put his school bag down and left the room. Leaving the door open. He spent some time flipping through his notebook before his eyes got heavy. It was three thirty in the afternoon and he was sleepy. This damned nocturnal nonsense. He put the book away and laid down to sleep. It took a while for him to be lulled away.