ARC ONE:CH-1.8

Two days later his eyes finally opened.

"Nulis, can you please warn me in advance before the final call falls?" Ivar irked feeling irritated.

"Host. I will set a reminder in advance next time." Nulis replied guiltily.

"How long have I...." Been asleep.... Ivar had yet to complete his sentence when he noticed something strange. It was the presence of another person. He narrowed his eyes at the other person. Judging by the way this person was concealing herself it seemed that she had probably sneaked in here. He looked out the window. It was night fall.
"Show yourself." He spoke to the unwelcomed guest. It was a bit unexpected to think that she would sneak in like this when she was actually supposed to rule over the harem of Guang Wang Lei's lovers.
"Stop hiding behind the door." He said for the second time.

A beautiful face that rivaled that of the goddesses depicted in legends emerged from behind the door. She wore a black cloak that covered her head. A pair of beautiful mesmerizing eyes stared back at Ivar from underneath the cloak. She raised her hand and took off the cloak revealing herself. Strands of silver hair fell in a swoop, letting itself fall upto her hips. Her fierce eyes stared at the person on the bed with a calculating gaze.
Ivar waited for her to speak. Xing Chu Lin, the mighty supposed to be empress of the protagonist's harem was here at the courtyard. On what bussiness?

Xing Chu Lin finally moved her lips to speak.
"Who are you?" This was the first sentence that left her red lips.

Ivar stared at her. "You should be aware of who I am." This question seemed to be strange for some reason.

She shook her head. Her eyes sharpened as she repeated the same question. "Who are you?" She could feel her heart beating fast with anticipation. "You are not Chu Gui. I have investigated you and your current actions and the way you talk and hold yourself does not align with the Chu Gui that the people of the jade palace know. Let me ask you again, Who are you?"

Nulis felt a shudder hit its soul. "Host." The system urged.

"I know." Ivar replied. His eyes narrowed at the woman before him. He studied the expression on Xing Chu Lin's face. What he found on her face were traces of hesitation, anticipation and a bit of denial in them. Ivar smirked. "And, how do you know if the Chu Gui that the people of the jade palace know is the real one?"
When he threw the fact back onto her he could see confusion arise in her eyes.
"Just for your information, the way I conducted myself like this or that in the past had a reason." Because I had not crossed over yet and the original was still here. He thought. Ivar said this calmly, lying without batting an eye.

Xing Chu Lin felt doubtful listening to his words. No way! That voice said that this person was not the original Chu Gui. Or was she played by that voice claiming that it was the gods? Hesitation crept up to her brain on the spot. She clenched her hands tightly underneath her long sleeves, squeezing the thing inside her palm.

Ivar's eyes slanted at her arms. "Is that poison?"

She flinched at his words.

"Do you think that it can kill me, an immortal sage god?"

She froze on the spot, feeling coldness numb her body. Her eyes darted around avoiding looking at the person on the bed.
Ivar snorted in silence. He got up from his bed and walked to her. When he was standing before her he stared down at her with a cold indifference gaze, his eyes narrowing at her dangerously. He leant down to her ears and whispered.
"Perhaps, did a voice told you to kill me?" He noticed her shoulders flinch at his words. Ivar felt his mouth twitch. He knew his guess was right. Damn those gods!