ARC FIVE:CH-5.3

Ivar was going through the background of the fifteen kingdoms in detail. He was sipping tea in a green courtyard. His eyes were curving up thinking about the things that he was going to do next. With a smile on his face he said to Nulis.
"Its good that most of the love interests have already met that white lotus. This will make things much more easier."

The system was curious. He could barely squeak out his question in a very low voice.
"Ivar....what do you mean by that?"

Ivar did not reply to his question. Instead he highlighted some lines of the data and showed them to Nulis.
"This time, I will use all your cheats to the fullest. Nulis."

The system was still confused. He read the data but he couldn't really figure out what his host was thinking. Amidst this confusion he saw his partner stand up.
"Host where are we going?" He asked.

With a menacing smile, "Of course. To set our plans in motion." The first pawn he was going to use was currently waiting for his audience in the main hall. He saw the head servant walking towards him, her steps fast. She greeted him then whispered.

"Empress Ming is waiting for you at the main hall. She wishes to have a conversation with our master Sheng. It's probably regarding the cancellation of the engagement."

Ivar gave her a nod before walking with her. When he arrived at the hall. There she was. The woman who was going to be his first chess piece. The empress, Xiao Ming's birth mother was dressed in golden robes. Her hair was tied up into a bun, decorated with ornaments. He was not Sheng Yan so he didn't bother greeting her.
"What brought the empress here?"

Empress Ming was taken aback. She frowned at the sudden question thrown at her without any courteous greeting. Sheng Yan was never this rude to her despite the distant relationship they had as in-laws. But now even the eyes of this young Ger was leaking an intimidating aura that made her calm facade flinch. She cleared her throat before speaking. "Take a seat, Young master Sheng. We are going to have a long chat between us."

Ivar did as she said. He then gave the head servant a look. The later withdrew from the room, bowing her head lightly. When she was gone the empress changed her atitude.
"I heard you and Xiao Ming cancelled the engagement between you."

Ivar didn't even bothered to answer her with courtesy. "Yes. Since your son cheated by sleeping with another Ger despite having a fiance. It was natural to call it off when a man puts a green hat on his head."

Empress Ming frowned. Xiao Ming was her son. The son she birthed who would help her covet the throne. Although they did not have a loving mother-son relationship they belonged to the same blood. Her son was going to be the means to seize the dragon throne from the Yans. She picked up the tea cup from the table and drank the tea to cover up the ugly expression wrinkling on her face.

Ivar watched her actions, snorting at her. "Why are you hiding it when it has been so obvious? You are relieved that the engagement has been finally called off."

His sudden words made her hands tremble, the fingers holding the tea cup dropped the cup. It fell onto the surface of the hard table with a Pang, spilling the tea inside.

"Now now, please do not shake so much when your soul is a tough one. After all, you were secretly planning the murder of our family with your son weren't you?" With curving eyes he added fuel to the fire to ignite a satisfactory reaction from the empress. "Just like how you killed your own husband." "And my grandmother?"

Thump!

Thump! Thump! Thump!

She could feel her heartbeat fasten as if it was about to burst out of her chest. Her pupils fluctuated widely as she looked at Sheng Yan. Through trembling lips she denied his words. "I don't know what you mean by those words. Please do not speak of such things so lightly or else it might stir trouble for innocent people."