Page 2

"WOOOOW" I thought to myself.

"Good morning, everyone. As my lovely fiance stated, I am Angel Hope. Your new Vice president. I know, I know.. Angel is a girl's name" he joked. He went on to say "this is my fiance Stephanie who also happens to be your new head of HR." We're new to town but not new to the business. We're looking to build and hopefully take the company public. Any questions? Don't be shy!"

Demond raised his hand and as he was called on he questioned "Hope? As in Mr.  Frank Hope? The owner ?"

"Yes sir, I'm his son" Angel replied.

"And fine as hell just like him" Amanda whispered.

(Mr. Frank was older and always stayed in designer suits. His name amongst the employees was Denzel, he could easily pass for his brother)

I let out a loud unintentional laugh.

"Something funny, Ms. Red dress?" He asked

I looked around in embarrassment realizing he heard me.

"No sir, I'm sorry" I sincerely declared.

"Be a little more careful with disrespectful side conversations, would you?" He said with entitlement filling his demand.

I became irritated quickly as I recapped the last minute in my head.
"Did this negro really just?"
I quickly snapped out of that moment of anger and sat silently in the meeting for the remaining 30 minutes, while this asshole stands there not nearly as attractive as he was upon his entrance.

Once the meeting was over, everyone was dismissed and I was exiting, Stephanie stops me and whispers "if I see this dress again, I will write you up. It is inappropriate"

I stood in total disbelief..

"Excuse me? Ma'am my dress comes to my ankles." I stated

"It's entirely too revealing" she argued

"Yes ma'am" I agreed.

I got to my office and cried to myself "could this day get any worse? I mumbled.

Lunchtime comes and things are looking up. Amanda and I walk over to our favorite sandwich spot. Once we get our table, I start venting about the horrible day I've had. I informed her about the traffic stop and told her what happened with Stephanie to which she replied "girl she probably doesn't want her man looking at that ass" she joked (referring to my BBL).
I laughed in a manner of confidence.

"Cheer up" she said
She continued "you're going to be feeling a lot better tonight."

"Tonight? Why tonight?"

She looked and said "It's Keith's birthday, right?"

FUCK, I FORGOT MY HUSBAND'S BIRTHDAY!!!!