Page 5

I quickly dropped my leg as he fully entered the room.

I was nervous and upset "why didn't he knock" I thought.

"Mrs. Washington?"

Yes sir, Mr. Hope? I nervously answered.

He sat down and said
"I've been hearing great things about you. I know earlier may have caused you to think of me as an asshole and well, I am...
*we both laughed
He continued "but I'm passionate. As I've heard you are. I think you and I could make a great team. What do you think?"

"I think so as well" I agreed.

He said "good" and headed for the door.

I sat in disbelief,
"Did my boss just almost catch me masturbating?"
"Am I getting a promotion?"
"How'd I forget to lock the door?"

My head was all over the place but the day was almost over. I was ready to get home and let Keith blow my back out. Maybe that was a portion of my problem, my husband and I hadn't had sex in weeks.

Surprisingly, I finished the rest of my shift smooth sailing. As soon as I was off, I went over to my favorite boutique and picked out a very classy and fitting white dress that hugged me tight.
"Keith is going to love this" I said to myself"

Things were falling into place, I got in and out of the grocery store and didn't face much traffic. I was on my way home to my man.... Or so I thought.
Just as I turned into my neighborhood he calls and tells me that he couldn't make it home for dinner because of an emergency at work.

I was upset.
Now, this isn't new. However, after the day I've had, I wanted my man...
I need someone to vent to. I called Amanda.

Her: Hey Dee

Me: Hey girl, are you busy?

Her: Um, actually I am. I have a hot date tonight. I'll give you details tomorrow

Me: Okay girly. Have fun! Goodnight.

"Damn".. I thought.

I get home, take a shower and prepare for a night of binging "Living Single" when suddenly, I thought of the invite to have dinner at Mr. Hope's house....