Page 79

79

I quickly jumped out of the car and ran off into the darkness, as the house started up into flames I felt so alive, untouchable and most importantly, I had a hunger for blood and I was out to get it. These people have set out to destroy me and I've made it easy.

I got to my car and headed back across town to The Plaza. Upon arriving, I realized Angel wasn't there. He was headed home, I assumed. He was definitely going to lose it when he got there. I went back to the car, where I planted my phone and my phone was filled with missed calls from Angel and Roberta. I had a bunch of texts from Angel.

"I'm almost there. Which side to park?"
"Hello?"
"Is this a game?"
"I'm here."
"You b***h, stop playing games with me."

I looked up and saw the black SUV that I had seen when I met Roberta at the diner. There was a masculine figure driving, but I couldn't make out who it was. I ducked behind the parked car and watched them ride the lot. She text me.

"I'm here."

I text her back.
"I'm inside."

"Where?"

"Room 1452"

"Coming."

I watched her exit out of the vehicle and  as she approached the door, she looked back at the driver and signaled for him to turn around. She went inside the building and the suv pulled around the opposite side of the building. I ran to my car and called the cops.

"911. What's your emergency?"

I jumped into character "Yes, ma'am. She's here and she's trying to kill me."

"Ma'am who's trying to kill you?"

"Roberta Hope. She faked her death and now she's following me."

"Ma'am, where are you?

"I'm at the plaza."

"And are there any weapons?"

"I think I seen a gun and there's a guy in a black suv."

"Okay ma'am we have to alert the hotel. Are you inside?

"I ran outside."

"Okay, ma'am. Someone is on the way."

I hung up and I could hear the sirens approaching. I didn't know if they had contacted the hotel but I got into my car and waited on the scene to unfold. As the cops entered the lot. The black SUV speeded off. I received a text.

"B***h did you think I was stupid? LOL. Have fun explaining yourself before I get a hold of you."