page 48

48

"FIRED?" I questioned.

"Yes! Now get out!"

"Only way I'm getting out is if you grab me and put me out and just a little warning, bitch if you touch me I'll carry your ass back to the gutter, where YOU come from, now try me."

She walked out of my office and I sighed in relief. I was liberated and was determined to take control of my life. Gosh, I felt like I was walking on clouds.

A few moments later, Stephanie returned with Frank and Stan, the security guard.

"Mrs. Washington?" Frank called.

"Yes sir?" I answered.

"Stephanie just came to my office, almost in tears, saying you threatened her."

"Mr. Frank, have a seat"

"We're fine." Stephanie interrupted.

Frank took his seat.

"Mrs. Washington, tell me your side of the story."

"Well Mr. Frank, since the day she started, Stephanie has been throwing jabs at me....

"That's a lie!" Stephanie interrupted.

"Stephanie, let her finish. Mrs. Washington, continue."

"Sir, from my clothes to my ethnic background, my physical appearance and even sent me home. I am tired of coming to work and being bullied, so yes! I told her that if she stepped to me again in an unprofessional manner, that I'd deal with her with no mercy."

"Stephanie, is this true?" Frank asked

"Dad, I...

"Is it true?" He asked again.

"Yes but I...

"But nothing! Stephanie, meet in my office and Mrs. Washington?"

"Yes?"

"Enjoy your day here at work.

He walked out of the office and I was so horny. I figured since Stephanie pissed me off, I'd go sit on Angel's face.

I sent him a text.

D:"Are you in the office?"

A:"No, I'll be in after lunch, preparing for tomorrow."

D:"Wanna let me ease your mind?"

A:"What do you have in mind?"

D:"Meet me at the lake, I'll call you when I get ready to leave."

A:"Okay."

I know that I was wrong. It was just too late to undo the past and honestly, fuck everything.