page 45

45

"Keith, I'm sorry." I said as I dropped my head in shame.

"Just save it, Deysire!" As he walked off.

"Keith, Listen to me. I am so sorry. Can we just talk?"

"About what? How you're a fucking whore or the fact that you think I'm a fool?

"Whore? Keith, you're going too far now?"

"FUCK YOU!" He shouted.

Something in me sparked with rage. How dare he stand in my face and have the fucking audacity to yell at me about anything, when he has been sleeping with my best friend. I followed him to the bedroom.

"How fucking dare you stand in my face and call me a whore and you're the one walking around here fucking my best friend. Negro, you have some fucking nerve."

"Are you done?" he questioned

"NO, I'M NOT DONE! YOU WANNA BE MAD AT ME BUT YOU SURE AS HELL WEREN'T FUCKING ME, AND I KNOW YOU! SO I KNOW YOU WERE GETTING IT FROM THAT BITCH" I screamed as I slammed my fist into his chest.

"Deysire, STOP! There isn't anything to say. I just wish I had known how fucking trifling you were before marrying you. You fucking disgust me."

"That's righht, I did it. I fucked him. I am not justifying anything but you can't sit up here and be upset when I've forgiven you for cheating and you do it again?! WITH MY BEST FRIEND? Fuck you, Keith."

"STOP SAYING THAT! Did it ever occur to you that me cheating on you was a mistake? The act was completely intentional but that was the biggest mistake of my life. I am not cheating on you."

"Bullshit!"

I was so mad and then I could hear my phone ringing from the living room. I acted as if I didn't hear it.

"Go ahaead, it's probably your boss. Working late?" He said

"Why? So you can go fuck Amanda?"

"Shut up! I have never slept with Amanda"

"So explain why I saw you two huggging outside of that building."

"DEYSIRE, I HAVE CANCER!!!"

"What?" I questioned,

" I have stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I found out a few weeks ago. That's why I hadn't touched you. Not because I was cheating. The papers you signed were insurance papers."

My body became weak as I stood there in shock.

He continued "I didn't want to tell you. I wanted you to enjoy your birthday, it could be our last together. Amanda started dating a guy there and she seen me coming from the oncologist. She has been going with me as support. She begged me to tell you, I wasn't ready. I didn't want to burden you. When you asked had I been fighting, I started my chemo. Deysire, I'm dying. Those late nights, I was in the hospital because my body was rejecting the treatment. I have been here fighting, for my life and for this soorry ass marriage and all you could do was follow me, accuse me, and cheat on me as some sick ass revenge? You paraded around here being this married man's slut under the same roof as his wife. You did all of this under the justification of me doing something, well maybe I should have been, because you not once have even asked how I'm doing."