Page 59

59

I couldn't believe this mfka had the audacity to come in here with this "holier than thou" attitude as if he's done nothing wrong. I was aware that I didn't love him anymore but right now, I think I may hate him. I laid in my guest bedroom, trying to relax. I tossed and turned all night. I didn't get to sleep until almost 4a.m.

I woke up the next day dreading what I had to go through but was ready to get it over with. I got ready for work and headed out. I made a few calls on the way to work. Once I reached the parking lot, I saw his car and couldn't move. I sat in my car, unsure if I could actually come face to face with him. It crossed my mind to just go home and say to hell with everything.

I gathered up the nerves to go into work. Everything seemed normal. Amanda was happy to see me.

"Welcome back, girl" she said.

"Hey girl. I am tired. We'll talk later, okay?"

I went straight to my office and took a Xanax, I could feel myself starting to panic. I needed to get my sh*t together. "Come on, Dee! You got this." I coached myself.

It was time to make my move. I walked up to Frank's office, Thought of turning around but f%$k it, I'm here. I knocked on the door.

"Come In" He called.

I walked in, "Hey, is now a good time for us to speak?"

"Oh, it's you. I knew you'd come back for more." He said in his perverted and creepy voice.

I took a deep gulp and said "Of course, I can't stay away from you." I wanted to sound confident but was scared. It felt like I was looking into the face of a monster. I walked over to him and sat on his desk. He smiled at me and stood up. I grabbed his shirt and whispered to him "Lock the door". He walked over to the door, peeked out and proceeded to lock the door. He walked over to me and my phone rang. "RIGHT ON TIME!" I thought.

"Don't answer it."

"I have to, this is important."

I answered the call and walked downstairs and out to the back of thhe building to meet the locksmith. THAT'S RIGHT, I GOT THE KEYS. So far, things were going as planned. I managed to copy the keys. I had to copy them all because I wasn't sure of which key went to the house. I was in a rush and hoping to get the keys back before Frank would notice their absence.

I finished with the locksmith, put the keys in my car and headed back up to Frank's office where I met Amanda walking. She looked as if she had been crying.

"Hey, you okay?"

"No. The f***king bastard just fired me."

"What? Why? Amanda, are you serious?"

"I'm not taking this. He thinks he can f***k me and then humiliate me by firing me, he has another thing coming. I'm going to get him back for this."

She seemed upset. "Should I tell her about us? I could tell her what's going on, I know she'll help me." I thought. Instead, I hugged her and assured her everything was going to be okay. She headed back down to gather her belongings.

I couldn't believe this. Why would he do that to her? I couldn't waste time trying to pick my brain. I headed back to his office where the door was open and things were scattered on the floor.

"What did I miss?" I questioned

"Uh, had to let go of an employee" he said

"If it's a bad time, I'll come back." I offered

" No. Come in, just let me straighten up a bit."

While he was picking up scattered files and going on and on about nothing, I was able to sneak the keys back into his top desk drawer. I was impressed with how easy it was but was also concerned, it was a little too easy.