Chapter 20

(A/N: This is the first chapter of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Hope you enjoy. XxD)

******************************************************************

Life was...ok.

Three years had passed since the destruction of Jurassic World and life was finally ok for Anya Masrani.

The first year had been hard, to say the least.

Anya spent a lot of time either with lawyers or breaking down crying.

Her father dying made her the sole heir to his empire and his estate. She made sure to cut InGen out from everything and anything to do with any of her fathers' companies before selling most of them.

Jurassic World was first to go, the ownership of the park being passed to the board of shareholders after they'd bought her shares from her.

She kept a few of the companies, the communication telecom companies and some of the fun parks but the rest was sold.

And between the estate she inherited and the sales, Anya Masrani was one of the richest people in the world.

But she didn't care.

A fair chunk of the money she used to start a charity foundation named after her father. A charity focused on animal and environmental conservation.

But she didn't have to spend anything on her fathers' funeral.

Simon had been a simple man, and had wanted a simple funeral, knowing how painful it would be for his daughter to have to plan it.

Seeing as his body had been incinerated in the helicopter crash and there wasn't anything left to burn, as in their culture people were cremated, Anya just had a huge bonfire instead.

She almost didn't.

There was a moment, when she was surrounded by the few close friends of her father's when she was about to give up.

As his only living heir, it was left to her to light the fire, but as she lifted the flaming torch to do that, her knees had been about to buckle, arms like lead.

Owen had caught her. 

Owen kept her standing.

Anya knew with absolute certainty that she would never have been able to get through that first year without Owen.

He'd been so good about it too.

He made sure she ate and slept, talked her through the stressful legal battles that resulted in over $800 million in damages being paid out as well as the sales of the companies. And he'd kept her standing at that funeral. He'd helped her light the pyre and he'd held her as they watched the wood become engulfed in flame and the smoke billow into the air.

A month after the funeral was when Anya finally had enough of herself together to ask Owen what he wanted.

He'd been so good to her and so patient that she wanted to do something for him.

Owen had said something sappy about being perfectly fine with his life so long as Anya was next to him.

But eventually, he'd told her about the little dream he always had in the back of his mind. About building a house next to a lake. A house where he'd get married and maybe have a family one day. A house where he'd have a life.

So, Anya bought him a lake.

She'd bought him a piece of land, in his name, that just so happened to have this gorgeous lake smack bang in the middle of it.