Chapter 37

After reuniting with Claire and Maisie, who was gripping Anya's hand tightly as they followed Owen, Claire bringing up the rear as they were about to sneak through an exit door when a voice yelled, "DON'T!"

The group then turned to face Mills who was approaching with two armed guards, weapons trained on the four of them.

Owen stood in front, shielding them all with his body as Anya stood behind him, Maisie hugging her waist as Claire had her hands on her shoulders.

"You all deserve each other," Mills spat. "Maisie come with me."

"You got your money now walk away," Owen said.

"Oh, what are you gonna do, huh?" he asked unimpressed.

"We're gonna stop this! All of it," Claire exclaimed.

"How?!" Mills yelled. "What, are you gonna go back in time before Hammond decided to play God? You can't put it back in the box!"

"We're gonna try," Anya spoke up. "We're not gonna go around and make the situation worse by creating more and more genetically modified killing machines, because they will never, ever fully be in your control!"

"It's too late!" Mills retorted. "Maisie, come," he ordered but Anya only hugged her closer, Owen stretching out his arm to block them, and Maisie reached out to clutch it. Claire then placing a hand on Maisie's back.  

"Ohhh," Mills mocked. "So, you're gonna take care of her now? Huh? You have no idea what she is."

He smirked at their confused expressions.

"What do you think drove Lockwood and Hammond apart, huh? Lockwood never had a grandchild. He just wanted his daughter back."

Anya met Owen's gaze, both of them shocked as Maisie held onto them tighter, needing an anchor as she tried to process what Mills said.

"And he had the technology. He created another. He made her again."

Maisie then screamed as a dinosaur charged past them, taking both the armed guards with it as it vanished, and Anya prayed that the Indoraptor was still in its cage.

"Go, go, go!" Owen yelled as he pointed to the door, ushering Maisie in first before the rest of them followed and Owen shut and locked it behind them, Anya moving a metal cabinet in front of it, not that it would do much.

"Come on!" Claire said as they began to run, but Maisie stayed frozen with her back against the wall as she panted.

"Come on, sweetie," Anya said as she pushed Maisie to catch up to Owen and grip onto his hand as they ran.

As they ran for their lives once again.