Chapter 42

The Indoraptor screeched as it ran at Owen, Owen running at it.

But before they clashed, Owen slid down the side of the dome, the Indoraptor trying to jump on him only to land on the glass that began to crack.

The mutated raptor held on barely as the rain fell, and it clawed at the metal support beam before, to everyone's horror, pulling itself up.

Anya gripped onto the ladder for dear life, gun long since dropped from her hands as Maisie clung onto the pole on the other end of the dome.

Her heart hammered in her chest, metal cold beneath her hands as she was soaked to the bone, watching as the Indoraptor growled at Owen who stood on the solid roof after sliding off the dome.

It seemed as if he'd accepted it too as he gave Anya one last glance.

It seemed as if he accepted that he was going to die, that there was no way out of this one.

But as thunder boomed and lightning struck, Blue let out a roar from the opposite roof before launching herself at the Indoraptor a final time, and they both went falling through the glass ceiling.

Anya couldn't be more relieved when she heard Blue's screeches of victory from down below before she scrambled down the ladder and barrelled into Owen's arms, out of breath.

"I'm here. I'm ok," he promised as he kissed her quickly before they got Maisie down from the roof, the three of them squeezing each other in relief.

"Hey!" Owen then called and the girls turned to look through the broken skylight and see Zia and Franklin tending to Claire, who they'd pulled from the display unit. As well as a dead Indoraptor, impaled on the horns of an Agujaceratops skull.

"Hey!" Franklin called back with a massive smile on his face. "You good?" he asked as Owen held Maisie in his arms, his other around Anya who was regretting what running at Owen had done to her already ruined knee.

"Yeah. You?" Anya answered.

"Nope!" Claire added as Zia helped her to her feet, giving her a broken dinosaur bone to use as a crutch.

"Hey, we've got a problem downstairs. I need you to come see this," Zia said and Owen turned to Anya.

What could be wrong now?