Chapter 36

"Do you even know what you're doing?" Anya asked as Owen pulled open a control panel and began playing with the cords inside.

"More or less."

"Is it more or less?"

"Just help me already," Owen whisper yelled at her before the sound of the elevator opening drew their attention to it.

The metal box was empty but then a loud growl made them turn to where Riley had run and headbutted a wall, bursting a set of pipes that spat white smoke everywhere.

Owen and Anya then turned from the elevator to each other to Riley before smiling wickedly.

"Hey Riley," Anya called and the Stygimoloch turned to them as Owen asked,

"You thinking what we're thinking?"

******************************************************************

When the elevator opened, it took a few seconds for Riley to recover from her disorientation of being trapped in the metal box as her eyes landed on a guard.

And she charged.

Sending the guard flying through the air with a grunt as he crashed into chairs, guests screaming as they began to flee.

Owen then dropped down from the hatch above the elevator, readying his arms to catch his girlfriend who didn't want to put too much of a strain on her bruised knee.

He charged first at a guard who'd had his gun aimed at Riley, while Anya went for the man that tried to go after Owen with a stunning lance, ducking under the weapon before grabbing it and sending a swift kick into the ribs of the man as he let go of the lance.

A lance that Anya then used to stun him with, effectively knocking him out.

She then turned to Owen who'd just finished punching his second guard to the floor before they both saw Mills yell at a guard to get the Indoraptor out of the room, a guard that pulled a lever that started up the conveyor belt.

Hefting the lance Anya looked to Owen as she yelled over the noise, "I got them, you get the lever!"

Running first, Anya wasted no time using the lance to both stun and hit as she fought, occasionally throwing out her good leg for a kick or lifting an elbow to contact with a jaw.

She did take a few blows to the ribs and one to the jaw, but she returned the blows twice as hard.

And while she took care of the male guards that clearly underestimated the woman they were fighting -the perks of her boyfriend being ex-Navy- Owen threw a chair at one and ran the lever operator into the wall before bringing his elbow to meet with his jaw and he collapsed to the ground.

Gripping the lever and yanking it back, the Indoraptor growled at Owen as it moved past him, severely unnerving the human.

He then ripped out the power cords, preventing the lever from working again.

"Rani!" he yelled just in time to turn and see his girlfriend get kicked in the ribs before she recovered and brought the end of the lance up to whack it across the face of the guy she was fighting, knocking him out easily.

"We gotta go!" he yelled to her as she ran over to him as fast as she could with her slight limp, a hand to her ribs as a bruise began to form on her face and they fled.