Chapter 3

Y/n's POV

I was out going to my garden to do some chores. And maybe when I have the time, I could go out and look for some new human lost and found things that got left behind.

As I was swimming, I could have sworn I saw someone else swimming in a different direction in the corner of my eye.

I turn to the direction I thought I saw someone and see Luca swimming to who-knows-where. This got me curious.

Where could he be going?

I stop swimming and thought for a second. I could check out where he's going, or I could just ignore it and continue on with my work.

With a shrug, I go follow where Luca went. Maybe this could explain why he asked the question lat night.

I made sure to put some distance between me and him as we swam. It looked as if he was going to somewhere I've never been to before.

But after some time,I thought I lost him.

"Where did he go?" I question myself as I look around.

I soon find myself near a island that I've never been to before. I was about to head on back to my garden and do work until I saw some movement just above the surface. I saw two figures standing on the island.

They looked kind of human, but why would humans be here.

Being curious, I go towards the surface, but not towards the shore. I then peek my head out of the water and see two boys standing there. One of them struggling to walk while the other looked like he was trying to help the other boy walk.

The tan-skinned  boy who was trying to help the other boy has green eyes, brown curly hair, and freckled underneath his eyes. To be honest, he looked pretty cute.

Wait, what?! Y/n, stop thinking that! I don't even know him!

I then put my attention to the other boy. He has brown eyes and wavy, dark brown hair. But something about him looked familiar. He looked kinda like... Luca?

I then dive back into the water and swim towards the shore. Once I was close enough, I poke my head out from the water again and look at the boys. They haven't noticed me yet, but it wasn't until I spoke up.

"Luca?" I question out  loud, making the boys shriek in fright and look in my direction.

The boy who looked like Luca had wide eyes while the other boy looked confused.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" The boy, who I now know is Luca, asks me.

"I would ask the same thing," I then tell him.

I then look over to the other boy with a raised eyebrow as he was just staring at me weirdly. It kind of made me uncomfortable since I don't even know him.

"And I see you made a new friend," I say as I look back at Luca, who was looking at me nervously, as if he was worried that I might tell our family. "Don't worry. I won't tell. You're secret's safe with me," I reassure to Luca.

I also notice that he's standing and walking on the land. I guess he got the hang of it.

"I also see you've got the whole walking method at a good level," I stated.

I then hear the other boy clear his throat, making me look at him.

"Right! Walking. Walking could be pretty tricky, especially since you don't know how to do it. So I recommend you--" The boy started to say, as if trying to sound a bit intimidating, but I interrupt him when I stand up from the water and walk onto the pebbles. 

I then shake the water off of me and I turn into my human form. As I rest my hands on my hips, I look over at the boys and see them with wide eyes, looking completely shocked.

"Yeah. So now you guys know my secret. I've been to my own little island near my garden, so I know how to walk and climb," I say.

The boy from earlier seems to snap out of his shocked state and walks over to me with a smirk.

"Not bad, kid," He tells me, and then lifts his hand out to me. "Alberto Scorfano."

Not really knowing what he was doing, I just reach my hand out to him.

"Y/n Paguro," I introduce.

The so called Alberto then grabs onto my hand and shakes it. I don't know why, but I felt my cheeks heat up once he grabbed my hand. Was I blushing? I sure hope I wasn't.

I then snap out of my thoughts when I heard Alberto greet me in a different language.

Uh... What did he just say?

"It's a human thing. I'm kind of an expert," Alberto tells me.

"Well, what does it mean?" I ask him.

I wait for a response, but all he does is look me up and down as he bites his bottom lip.

Okay... That was weird.

I totally forgot that Luca was standing there beside us until he walked in front of Alberto, completely blocking him from my view.

"Uh, hello?" Luca asks, snapping Alberto out of his thoughts.

"Come on. I'll show you two some more stuff!" Alberto told us as she started leading us to a pile of human things that he most likely collected from the ocean.

But I just wonder what he was going to show us.