Chapter 8

Y/n's POV

Luca and I are back in the tower where Alberto was waiting for us. We changed back to our human clothes and then started explaining everything that our family wants us to do and that we don't like that idea.

"They're sending us to the deep! To live with our weird see-through uncle!" Luca started going off about it.

"Yeah! What do we do about it?" I then asked Alberto.

"Stay?" Alberto suggested.

"Up here? They'll come looking for us," Luca then states.

"Okay, that may be true, but will they come looking for you over there?" Alberto then said as he went to the window of the tower. Luca and I follow his gaze as we stand beside him and see that he was looking at the human town.

"The human town? We can't do that. We've never been there before. That's a crazy idea," I said, starting to think that maybe coming up here was the crazy idea.

"I mean, that place must be full of Vespas. There's gotta be one for us," Alberto told us.

After he said that, I was now starting to think that maybe going there isn't such a crazy idea.

"Huh. A real Vespa. Could we even survive over there?" Luca then asks.

"Us? We can do anything. We'd swim right over to Vespatown, track down Signor Vespa..." Alberto started telling us as he had his arms around us.

"Wait. Do you really think there's a Signor Vespa?" I ask Alberto.

"Makes sense, right?" Alberto then asks.

"Yes. Continue," Luca says.

"And we say, 'Signor Vespa, build us one of these!'" Alberto tells us as he shows us a drawing, obviously he drew it, of us riding on a Vespa. It looked pretty cool.

"Whoa. This is the greatest drawing I've ever seen," Luca says as he looks at the drawing.

"Yeah, I know. Luca, Y/n, think about it. Every day, we'll ride someplace new, and every night, we'll sleep under the fish. No one to tell us what to do. Just us three out there. Free," Alberto tells us.

I stand there with amazement in my eyes. Now I really want to go to the human town.

The next thing you know, the three of us are running towards the edge of the island we were on. Alberto was the first one to jump first, and then I followed afterwards.

"Take me, gravity!" Alberto yells as he falls and then lands in the water.

"Woo-hoo!" I yell out as I fall, and then land in the water, changing into my sea monster form.

Now Alberto and I were waiting underwater for Luca to jump. It took a few seconds for Luca to tell Bruno to shut up, because he then jumped off the edge and landed in the water with us.

"Yeah!" Alberto yells as he then swims towards the human town, with Luca and I following after as we laugh.

As we were swimming, I saw that we were heading straight for a rock. Luca swims to the side to dodge it while I was about to do the same, but I didn't get far when I felt something hold my hand.

I look and see that Alberto took hold of my hand and then gave it a gentle squeeze before he jumps out of the water, taking me with him. I then watch with shock as we jump over the rock and land in the water safely.

Alberto then lets out a laugh as he then continues to swim up ahead.

"Come on!" He tells me.

I don't hesitate to follow after him as Luca was doing the same.

I then watch as Alberto gains momentum and jumps out of the water, changing into his human form for a quick second, and then changing back into sea monster form as he lands back into the water.

Luca looked like he wanted to try it out on his own, so he jumps out of the water and quickly changes into his human form. But since he didn't get a lot of momentum, he tumbles back into the water.

I laugh at that and decide to try it out myself. I gain enough momentum as I dive down and then swim up toward the surface. I then jump out and do a front flip as I quickly turn back into my human form. I then slide against the water with this amount of speed and then dive back into the water, changing back into my sea monster form.

Once I land back in the water, I see Alberto looking at me with an impressed look, almost dreamily at the moment.

But I then look away when I see Luca try to do the jump again. And this time, he actually did it.

Now Alberto and I join him and jump above the surface. I do a few tricks while doing it, and then there came to a point where we stopped since we were getting closer to the human town.

Once we were at a good distance from the human town, we peek out head out of the water and look at the view. It looks so beautiful.

But my thoughts were then interrupted by the sound of a motor getting louder. I look back and see a boat passing by us. I feel Alberto grab my hand and pull me back down into the water as Luca follows us to the bottom.

We then hide behind a broken up sunken boat that was probably abandoned here for a while.

"How do we get in?" Luca asks.

We then look at the boat we were hiding behind, and then look at each other with a smile, probably thinking the same thing.

We lift the boat above us in an upside down position as we use it to hide us. We then start to head towards the surface. We then walk onto the pebbles and dry off as we do so, changing us into our human form.

We then make it to the other side of the rocks and hide behind a stone wall. We then take a peek and see that no one was near the docks.

"This will be a breeze. Just don't get wet," Alberto told us as he started walking into the town. Luca and I then follow after him, hoping that we don't get caught.

As we were walking, I look ahead and see two humans walking towards us with hooks and fish. I started to get freaked out as we got closer, and I could tell Luca did too.

"Actually, this town seems a little crowded," Luca says as he was about to head back to the water, but Alberto grabs onto the back of his shirt, and then grabs onto my hand in case I was planning on heading back too.

"Hey! Silenzio, Bruno," Alberto tells Luca as he starts to drag him with us. I then walk shakily yet nervously with the boys as we pass by the humans. "What's wrong with you, stupido?" Alberto then says as we walk pass the humans.

Huh. It didn't really do that much. But it looked like it worked.

"Huh! It worked," Luca said as he got back on his feet and started walking beside us.

"See?" Alberto then said as we then turned a corner. "You just gotta follow my lead."

As we then got a better view of the human town, I was able to see a whole lot of stuff that I wasn't able to see in a far distance.

There were a lot of people out, but it still looked beautiful. A lot of adults were doing their own things while some of the kids who were out were playing or even just chatting with each other.

As we got closer I was able to see every little detail of every house. Some were bigger than others while some were smaller than others. Some places even giving away things that people could get.

I think it was actually a good idea that we came out here. This is an unforgettable scene.