Chapter 20

Y/n's POV

Luca, Alberto, and I finally made it to the area where I was leading them to so that no one could see us get out of the water. Once I was out of the water, I shake all the water off of me, turning into my human form.

"Look, I was just trying to show you how to do it right," Alberto tells Luca as they both get out of the water.

"You don't know how to do it right!" Luca tells Alberto as he then shakes the water off of him.

"I got us down the hill, didn't I?" Alberto then asks.

"You crashed! Into the sea!" Luca yells to Alberto.

"It's fine," Alberto tries to reassure Luca as he shakes the water off of him.

"Nothing's fine! My parents just saw me!" Luca then said, making me gasp.

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Now if they get to us, they'll send me and Luca into the deep. I did not like this.

"Luca, you're parents aren't here," Alberto tells Luca.

"You don't know what you're talking about!" Luca tells Alberto.

"Look, this town is making you crazy. We just need to win that Vespa and get outta here," Alberto says as he starts to lead me and Luca back into the town, but Luca and I stop. I was deep in my thoughts while Luca spoke.

"It's not gonna be any different. I don't wanna..." Luca starts to say, but then stops and takes a deep breath. "I wanna go to school."

I then step forward and speak out my own opinion.

"I kinda want to go, too," I say, making Alberto look at me with wide, and kind of hurt, eyes.

"That again? We can't go to school," Alberto told us.

"You're just afraid you can't do it," Luca tells Alberto as he points to him, making Alberto scoff.

"I'm not afraid. You're the one who gets afraid," Alberto tells Luca as he shoves him back.

"Shut up!" Luca then yells as he shoves him back.

Now things were starting to get out of hand. They were already fighting, and what am I doing? Just standing here and not doing anything to help.

There then came to a point when Alberto pins Luca to the ground.

"What happens when she sees you? When anyone sees you?" Alberto then asks Luca.

"Get off me!" Luca tells Alberto.

"Guys, cut it out! This isn't--" I started to say as I grab onto Alberto arms, trying to pry it off of Luca, but was then cut off when Alberto lifts his arm up to punch Luca, resulting in it hitting my nose instead.

I yell out in pain and stumble back as I put my hands over my nose. This catches Luca's and Alberto's attention. Now I'm on the ground as I then feel something dripping down my nose. I take my hand away from my nose and see something red on my hand.

My eyes widen at the sight of blood. Luca, being worried for me, gets out of Alberto's grasp and runs over to me.

"Y/n, you okay?" He asks me as he helps me up.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I tell Luca, even though I know I'm not fine. I then look at Alberto and see him looking very worried for me.

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I didn't--"

"You've done enough, Alberto," Luca tells him before he could finish as he puts an arm around me, protectively.

All of a sudden, I hear a familiar voice call out to us.