Chapter 14

Y/n's POV

I slowly start to wake up from my deep sleep. I remember that we were staying in Giulia's treehouse. That was nice of her. I could already tell that it was morning, but I didn't feel like moving. I was in a comfortable spot.

My head was laying on my pillow as I could feel someone's arms wrapped around me... Wait, who's arms do these belong to?

"Ahh! Oh, no! Oh, no! Alberto! Y/n! Wake up!" I heard Luca shriek. This makes me to wake up.

I then felt the arms unwrap from me, making me sit up and rub my eyes. I could see that Luca was awake, and Alberto was just getting up. And I also noticed that they were in their sea monster form, including me, revealing my (1/f/c) scales and tail.

Oh, yeah, that's nice... Wait what?!

"What? Ahh! They sky's been leaking!" Alberto yells out, just as freaked as Luca and I are.

But before anything else could happen, the window to Giulia's room bursts open. And standing there was Giulia as she was mimicking a trumpet playing a wakeup call. This gets Alberto, Luca, and I to jump out of the treehouse before she could see us.

We then started to run to the gate door, but then stopped when it opened and revealed Giulia's dad, Signor Marcovaldo, bringing a cart. We quickly stop in our tracks and run behind the treehouse.

There, we dry off and wipe all the water off of us. I then look up and notice that the cat was glaring down at us while doing a low growl noise. And I could tell that the boys noticed, too.

But not really thinking that much of it, we come out from our hiding spot and look up at Giulia, who was already done doing her wakeup call. Once she notices us, she smile.

"Oh. There you are!" Giulia tells us.

"Buongiorno," Luca greets her as we chuckle nervously.

"All right, ragazzi. You want that entry fee, you got to earn it," Signor Marcovaldo tells us as he holds up a list of deliveries. "Giulietta..."

"I'm on it!" Giulia yells as she runs out of the house and grabs the list from her dad.

"...you make the deliveries," Signor Marcovaldo told her as she already went to the cart filled with fish and started to push it away.

"Already makin' 'em! Ciao!" She yells as she leaves us behind with her dad. Signor Marcovaldo then looks back at us.

"Hmm. You three are coming with me," he tells us.

Alberto then gasps as he see so many knifes on Signor Marcovaldo's belt.

"Which knife do I get? Huh? Huh?" Alberto says as he looks at all the knifes with excitement.

Wow. I've never seen him this excited before.

"You don't," Signor Marcovaldo tells Alberto.

Wow. Way to break it up to him.

Timeskip

Now we are all on a boat, including the cat, and we are going to the ocean. As we were going, another boat passes by ours, and it looks like the human on it knows Signor Marcovaldo because he started talking to him.

"Buongiorno, Massimo. You'll keep an eye out for those sea monsters, right? We're all counting on you," The guy tells Signor Marcovaldo.

"Don't worry, Tommaso. I've got my eyes peeled. They won't get away," Signor Marcovaldo tells the guys as he holds up his harpoon, making me gulp.

We then hit a small wave with the boat, making water to splash on Luca's arm. He then quickly hides his arm behind his back and I wipe the water off of it. I was sitting in between the boys, so I was able to reach it.

The boat then stops. Signor Marcovaldo then gets up and walks to one side of the boat to reach for the net in the water, making the boat tilt a bit and for us to lean towards the water. I grab onto Alberto so that I could pull him back a bit from the water as Luca does the same for me.

Signor Marcovaldo then stands back up, making the boat to tilt the other way a bit, making me jolt that way a bit. And just as the boat went to normal, I felt Alberto grab onto my arm and pulled me towards him for support. I could have sworn I saw a blush on his face when I looked up at him, almost making me blush, too.

"Hey, this isn't a joyride. Make yourselves useful," Signor Marcovaldo tells us as he pulls some of the net back to us.

It was a good thing we were wearing gloves, or else our hands would get wet when we would touch the water.

We then grab onto the net and help pull it onto the ship as Signor Marcovaldo does the same.

As I was pulling in the net, I could hear Luca struggling with the cat. I wasn't thinking that much of it, until I heard the cat get flung off of Luca and into the water. I look at Luca with wide eyes, making him look at me nervously. He then signals to me that he'll go get the cat, making me worry less about it.

After Luca got the cat back and gave it a fish to calm down, I look at Signor Marcovaldo and notice that he only had one arm. How did I not notice this yesterday?

I don't know how long I have been staring at his non-existing arm, because I look at him and notice that he saw me staring. I quickly look away and continue on with pulling in the net, but he soon speaks afterwards.

"A sea monster ate it," He tells me, making me look up at him with worry.

"Huh?" I question.

Signor Marcovaldo then chuckles after that.

"No. This is how I came into this world," He tells me, making my eyes go wide. And just as he pulls more of the net onto the boat, a piece of would was caught in the net, making it get stuck. He then holds onto the piece of wood with his mouth and uses his only arm to cut a part of the net with a knife. He then spits the piece of wood out, making it get unstuck from the net and go into the water.

"Whoa," I say with amazement written all over my face.

"Mannaggia, not a great catch today," Signor Marcovaldo says as he looks at the net and sees that we only caught one fish.

"It might be because we're over a haunted fish graveyard," Luca says, making Signor Marcovaldo to look up at Luca.

"We know it's not haunted. The fish think it's haunted," Alberto quickly says, and stands up. "This time of day, most fish will be right about there," Alberto then says as he points in one direction.

I look in the direction, I he's right. Most of the fish will be there. Let's just hope we're right.

Timeskip

We make it back to the docks of Portorosso with the boat filled with fish. Once I got off the boat, I could see Giulia looking at us in the distance with a shocked look. She then walks over to us, still with a shocked look.

"Your friends do know fish," Signor Marcovaldo tells Giulia as we stand there, feeling proud.

"Benissimo! Ooh, let's go sign up," Giulia says with excitement.

I mean, who wouldn't be?