Chapter 19

Y/n's POV

The sun is starting to set and I was heading towards the ocean. It's been a while of training, and I decided that I wanted to learn how to ride a bike as well. It's getting kinda hard with only using one bike because not all of us can fit on it whenever Luca rides it.

So I'm just going to go for a quick swim and see what I can find in the ocean.

I go to the edge of the town and see the ocean. I hop on some rocks and, without hesitation, I jump into the water. Once I hit the water, I turn into my sea monster form, revealing my (1/f/c) scales and tail, and (2/f/c) hair.

I then swim towards the bottom and try to look for something. I mean, it can't be that hard. I find many things near my garden, and they're easily spotted.

After a few minutes of swimming, something catches my eye. I swim over to the item and see an abandoned bike just sitting here. It looks like it would still work, so I pick it up and swim back to land.

I go to an area where not a lot of people are at, so I take this chance to dry off and turn back into my human form. Once I was out of the water, I stand the bike up and start to walk away with it back to the others, until something catches my attention in the corner of my eye.

Past some huge rocks, I could see Ercole, Guido, and Ciccio sitting on rocks on the look out for some sea monsters most likely. Trying not to make that much noise, I quickly take the bike and walk away.

That was a close one. I didn't want that guy to see me like this. Especially since I'm all alone.

Timeskip

I made it back to the others. Luca is currently riding his bike as Giulia was riding with him while I was riding the bike I just found with Alberto riding with me.

It wasn't hard to learn for the first time. I pretty much a fast learner. I even learned faster than Luca.

"You can do it, Luca!" Giulia tells Luca as we pass by the fountain.

As we pass by the fountain, I hear Luca gasp, and then start to speed up. I don't know why he does this, but I don't think that much of it and follow behind him.

He then makes a sharp turn and do in a different route, but still going up the hill. I get even more confused as I just follow him.

"Why are we going this way?" I ask.

"Uh... A shortcut," Luca answers, but I could tell that that wasn't the reason.

"Steeper, rough terrain... I like it," Giulia says, and then looks at Alberto who was still riding with me. "Why aren't you training?"

In the corner of my eye, I see Alberto reach behind him and takes a handful of pasta and shoves it in his mouth. "I'm always training," Alberto tells Giulia with his mouth full.

Uh... Are we just not gonna talk about the part that he literally got the pasta from behind him? Is he stashing it in his pocket or something? Or maybe it's because I saw it in the corner of my eye and not fully.

After a few minutes of riding, we make it to the top of the hill. I stop my bike and get off of it as Alberto does the same.

"Bravo, Luca. That was your fastest yet," Giulia tells him as she gets off his bike and shows him the timer. I then hear the sound of a train horn tooting. I look to the side and see a train. "Ooh, guys, look! That's the train to Genova," Giulia points out.

"That goes to your school?" I ask.

"Yeah," Giulia answers, making me smile.

"I was wondering, actually, is your school open to everyone?" Luca then asks, making me look at him with curiosity.

"Well, it costs a little money, but I guess," Giulia answers.

"Great. Thank you, Giulia, for showing us the boring thing that takes us to the terrible place. Now can we focus on what matters? If we lose this race, we're not going anywhere," Alberto told Giulia as he stands in front of her.

I really don't know what'g gotten into him. He sounds jealous for some reason.

"Santa mozzarella. The downhill," Luca says as he stops his bike right before he could go down. I could tell he was nervous.

"I know it looks scary. But here's what you need to know..." Giulia started to say, but then Alberto talks before she could say anything else.

"Would you stop bossing him around?" He asked her, sounding very annoyed.

"What is your problem?" Giulia then asks.

"I'm his friend. I know what he needs," Alberto says as he places a hand on Luca's shoulder.

"Oh, yeah? Well, then, what does he need?" Giulia asks him.

"Me and Y/n. We'll just ride it like we did on the island. Together," Alberto then says as he grabs onto me and sits me in between him and Luca on the bike. "Andiamo," He then says as he pushes the bike down the hill.

With instincts, I wrap my arms around Alberto as Luca does the same to me.

"Alberto, stop!" I yell to him, getting very nervous.

"That's Bruno talking!" Alberto tells me.

"No, it not! I'm a hundred percent sure that that's just me!" I then yell out as I close my eyes, afraid to see the outcome.

Since I had my eyes closed, I wasn't able to see what we ran into or who we almost hit. But then I opened my eyes when I heard Luca and Alberto let out a scream. I look ahead and I see the edge of the town, and we were heading straight towards the railing.

We then hit the railing, launching us off the bike and into the ocean as we then turn into our sea monster form.

But before we went back up, we saw Giulia looking for us by the railing. We then hide behind some rocks as she was calling out our names. We had to get out of the water, and I knew a good place where nobody will see us.

"She'll see us. Come on," I tell the boys as I swim to the area where I got out of the water when I found my bike as they follow behind.

Oh, I just hope this doesn't end badly.