Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

Wait, where was I? Am I back home? The last thing I remember was being on top of the tower with Luca and Alberto. That was when I remembered.

"Oh, no! We fell asleep!" I heard the sound of Luca's voice yell. This causes me to jolt up from my laying position.

"Uh, oh! This is bad!" I say as I then stood up, making Alberto to wake up. And as I was going down the tower along with Luca behind me, I just realized that Alberto was sleeping next to me.

Was he trying to keep me warm?

After some time of  us changing back to our seaweed clothes swimming back to the house, we made it back safely. As we swam in, I noticed that Grandma was already asleep. So maybe Aunt Daniela and Uncle Lorenzo are asleep as well.

I sit down on my bed and let out a sigh. Maybe we got away?

But my hopes were then crushed when I heard Aunt Daniela clear her throat. By blood literally goes cold.

Luca and I look over at her and see her floating there with her arms crossed and an irritated look on her face.

Now Luca and I were at the kitchen table as Aunt Daniela and Uncle Lorenzo lied out some of the human lost and found things Luca and I found. I was really hoping that this wouldn't happen. But it did.

I was holding onto my tail nervously as Luca was doing the same.

"Daniela, do we really need to go through with this?" Uncle Lorenzo asks Aunt Daniela.

"With what?" Luca asks.

"Uh, son, Y/n, you're in big trouble. You need to promise us that you'll never sneak off to the surface again," Uncle Lorenzo tells us.

"Uh, I'm really sorry," Luca starts to say, but I speak up too.

"But, it's not that bad up there. It feels safe. Maybe we could show you," I said.

"I told you. Our son and niece have a death wish," Aunt Daniela tells Uncle Lorenzo.

"But, Aunt Daniela, the three of us are always careful," I say, only for Luca to cover my mouth after what I just said. I then realize what I just said and just hope my aunt and uncle didn't hear that.

"'Three'?" my aunt and uncle question.

Never mind.

"Me, Y/n, and our friend, Alberto. But it's okay. He's one of us," Luca tells his parents.

"Ah, yes. There's usually a bad influence," I heard an unfamiliar voice say from behind me and Luca. We turn around and see an unfamiliar sea monster sitting there by the wall. "Good thing you sent for me when you did, huh?" The stranger says as he eats one of our snacks.

"Luca, Y/n, this is my brother, your Uncle Ugo," Uncle Lorenzo told us.

"Thanks again for coming all this way on such short notice," Aunt Daniela tells the stranger, aka our Uncle Ugo.

"Of course," Uncle Ugo says as he finises his snack and swims towards us. "Hello, Luca and Y/n. It's really nice to--" he continued to say, until he stops and starts to choke a bit. This got me and Luca confused as we look at each other.

"Luca, Y/n, I need you to punch his heart," Uncle Lorenzo tells us. I look in the spot where his heart is supposed to be, and to my surprise, I could see through his body. I almost gagged at that. "That's right. The red thing. Punch it."

Luca tries to punch it, but he didn't do it hard enough.

"Harder!" Uncle Lorenzo says.

Not really thinking that much of it, I look away and just punch his heart as hard as I can. This makes Uncle Ugo to start coughing and come back to us.

"Thanks for that. Too much oxygen up here. Not like the deep. As you'll learn," Uncle Ugo tells as he laughs, making me confused, but he continues to talk. "Sure, there's no sunlight, but there's nothing to see anyway. Or do. It's just you and your thoughts, and all the whale carcass you can eat. Little bits of it just float into your mouth. You can't stop it. You can't see it. So if you... the mouth opened, the whale carcass go in. Yes, good. I recommend it... Come on. No time to waste."

Now I was beyond confused.

"Mom, what does he mean?" Luca asked as we look back at Aunt Daniela and Uncle Lorenzo.

"You're going to stay with Uncle Ugo for the rest of the season," Aunt Daniela tells us.

"What? No, we can't!" I say.

"Two season, then. Wanna go for three?" Aunt Daniela then tells me as she crosses her arms.

"Why are you doing this?" Luca then asks.

"The world is a very dangerous place, Luca and Y/n, and if I have to send you two to the bottom of the ocean to keep you safe, so be it," Aunt Daniela tells us.

"You don't know what it's like up there!" Luca tells Aunt Daniela.

"I know you both! And I know what's best for the two of you. It's done," Aunt Daniela tells us.

Luca and I don't say anything after that. We just stay silent as we look down with anger and annoyance. I then snap out of my thoughts when I hear Aunt Daniela's voice.

"Hey, look me in the eye. You know I love you both, right?" Aunt Daniela tells us as he places her hand on our cheek.

I don't look at her or speak to her. Luca and I just swim away from her and towards the outside of our house.

But before we left, we look back at our family, before we completely leave the house and to the island where Alberto is probably waiting for us.

At least he cares for us.