Chapter 6

Y/n's POV

The next day, we came back to the island and we were leading the newly designed Vespa to the downhill. I was pretty excited to ride it. And I know Alberto was.

"Look, we gotta ride together. If you don't sit on the back and hold on to the front, the whole thing falls apart," Alberto told Luca as we parked the Vespa.

"Oh. And who's holding the ramp?" Luca asks.

"The turtle. Come on. He's faster than he looks," Alberto says as I get on the Vespa and sit behind him.

"Oh, okay. Here we go," Luca says as he was about to get on, but then stops. This makes me and Alberto look at him.

"Are you coming, Luca?" I ask him.

"Nope. I can't do it. Never in a million years," Luca answers as he crosses his arms.

"Hey, hey, hey. I know your problem. You've got a Bruno in your head," Alberto tells Luca. This gets me confused. And I'm sure it gets Luca confused, too.

"A Bruno?" Luca and I question.

"Yeah. I get one, too, sometimes. 'Alberto, you can't.' 'Alberto, you're gonna die.' 'Alberto, don't put that in your mouth.' Luca, it's simple. Don't listen to stupid Bruno," Alberto tells Luca.

It was silent for a few seconds as Luca thought for a moment, and then spoke.

"Why is his name Bruno?" Luca asks.

"I don't care. It doesn't matter. Call him whatever you want. Shut him up. Say, 'Silenzio, Bruno!'" Alberto then tells Luca as I just listen to their conversation.

"Silenzio, Bruno," Luca says, more in an unsure way.

"Louder! 'Silenzio, Bruno!'" Alberto tells Luca.

"Silenzio, Bruno!"

"'Silenzio, Bruno!'"

"Silenzio, Bruno!"

"Can you still hear him?"

"Nope! Just you!"

"Good! Now hang on!" Alberto says as he pulls Luca onto the Vespa behind me. He then readjusts the little mirror thing on the side of the Vespa, only to reveal a picture of a man instead of Alberto's reflection. He then clicks his tongue. "Andiamo!" Alberto yells as the Vespa then starts to head down the downhill.

I hold onto Alberto as we were going down. But then I started to feel the Vespa breaking apart. But before I could do anything to fix it, I feel Luca wrap his arms around me and put the two Vespa parts back together.

I could then see the ramp that the turtle was holding getting closer. I started to get more excited as we got closer. From behind me, I could hear my cousin repeating the words "Silenzio, Bruno!" over and over again as we got closer.

And before you know it, we were flying through the air after we went up the ramp. My grip on Alberto doesn't loosen as we even fly by the seagulls.

I was so amazed to see that. But then gravity started to take over as I felt us starting to fall towards the water.

The boys were screaming on the way down, but I was excited and happy.

"Yeah!" I say as we were falling. But as I looked down, I see that we were heading straight for a rock. "No!"

But before I could react, I feel Luca's feet press against my back and pushes me and Alberto to one side of the rock as Luca went the opposite direction. We then land safely into the water.

We surface back up as we just float there in our sea monster form.

"Whoo-hoo! Yeah!" Alberto yells as he wraps his arms around me from behind in a tight hug while I just laugh.

"Yes! We're alive! I can't believe it!" Luca then yells.

"Take that, Bruno!" Alberto then yells.

"Yeah!" I then yell.

Timeskip

It's already dark and the three of us are relaxing by a fire on top of the tower as we look up at the weird little lights in the sky. I always wanted to know what they were, but I never got a chance to ask.

"Hey, Alberto. What are those little lights in the sky?" I ask him.

"Anchovies. They go there to sleep," Alberto tells me, not taking his eye off of them.

I then see Luca sit up to get a better look at those anchovies.

"Really?" He asks.

"Yeah. And the big fish protects them," Alberto says as he points to the big, white round thing in the sky. "I touched it once. I don't know, it felt like a fish."

"Whoa. Your life is so much better than mine. We never go anywhere. I just dream about it," I tell Alberto.

"You guys came up here," Alberto told me.

"Yeah, but only because I followed my cousin. I bet it was thanks to you. Otherwise, we never would've seen any of this," I say.

In the corner of my eye, I see Luca stand up and go over to the edge of the tower and looks in the distance. I sit up and see that, in distance, there was the human town. It looked beautiful from all the way out here.

"Have you ever gone to the human town?" Luca asks Alberto.

"Yeah! Uh... No. But, but my dad told me all about it. So, I'm pretty much an expert," Alberto tells us as him and I walk next to Luca.

I then remember the times I had with my dad and mom. I wonder if his dad was like mine. Always fun and always being there whenever you need him.

"You're dad sounds like a good guy. You're lucky you still have him around," I tell Alberto as I rest my chin on my hand.

"Yeah. For sure," Alberto said. But the way he said it made it sound like he wasn't sure.

I then snap out of my thoughts when Alberto spoke up again.

"Hey, remember that time when we almost hit that rock?" Alberto asked us. I then laugh at the memory. "And we flew through the air, and I was like, 'Yeah!' And then you were like, 'No!' And Y/n was like, 'Yeah-- No!'"

Luca and I both laugh more at the funny memory. I then see Luca look in the distance.

"Wouldn't it be amazing to have a real Vespa?" Luca asked.

"Yeah. That's the dream," Alberto told us.

I look in the distance, and just imagine what it would be like if we actually got a Vespa. Riding it to wherever we want to go at anytime. Just us. No one else.

"Yeah," I say lastly as I then drift off to sleep without me even realizing.

Alberto's POV

After a while, Luca and Y/n fell asleep. Now it was just me awake. Luca was laying beside the fire while Y/n was resting her head on the concrete edge of the tower.

She looked so peaceful. I'm just so glad that I found a way t make her happy.

Without even thinking, I go over to her and pick her up bridal style. I then carry her and lay her down by the fire so that she could at least stay warm. I move a strand of her (h/c) hair from her face as she lays there.

As I was about to lay down and go to sleep on my side, I notice that Y/n was shivering a bit. She was most likely cold. Maybe the fire isn't enough to keep her warm.

I then get an idea. I go lay down next to her and wrap my arm around her, keeping her close to me as much as possible.

I could feel myself warm up after doing this. I don't know if it was because of the heat we were creating along with the fire or if it was because I was blushing.

I push that and not think that much of it and just close my eyes, already dreaming how our life is going to be like with our new Vespa.