Ending #2: Go to School

Now this is the ending where Y/n goes to school. If you chose to go to school, then this is the ending for you. But if you just wanted to see both endings, then that's fine too. Hope you enjoy.

Y/n's POV

I look at the train ticket one last time, and then look back up at Alberto.

"But I can't go without you," I tell him with sadness in my voice.

"But you're never without me," Alberto tells me as he reaches from behind him and reveals the drawing of us on the Vespa that was once torn in two. But now it was taped back together.

I grab on it and look at it with a smile as I could feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

"The next time that you jump off a cliff or tell Bruno to quit bothering you, that's me," Alberto tells me.

But that wasn't a good enough answer for me. I don't think I could do it alone.

"But how will I know that you're okay?" I then ask him as tears started to roll down my cheeks.

I could also see tears starting to form in Alberto's eyes. And what he did next caught me off guard.

He quickly leans forward and puts his lips against mine. I was not expecting him to kiss me. I just stand there with my eyes wide. Once he pulls away, my eyes were still wide. But I then snap out of it when Alberto talks again.

"That's how you'll know," He told me, as I slowly start to smile. "You and Luca got me off the island, Y/n. I'm okay," He then tells me a he sniffles.

I smile at him as tears continued to roll down my cheek. Alberto then wipes my tears with his thumb as I don't take my eyes off of his eyes.

I then hear the sound of the train hiss and the horn tooting. Now that was my signal to get on the train. I quickly pick up my suit case and get on. Luca already went in after he said his goodbyes to Alberto, and now it's just me.

He reaches for my hand and shakes it. He then bids goodbye in that Italian greeting he taught me and Luca. I laugh at that. I still don't know what that means. I just wonder if he even knows.

"What does that mean, Alberto?" I ask him.

"No idea. Go find out for me, will ya?" Alberto told me as the train started to go. I still didn't let go of him as he was running beside the train.

But the tunnel was coming up, so I slowly let go of him. I didn't like the feeling of his grip going away from my hand. I was really going to miss him.

I then watch as he then jumps up and yells out to me.

"Go, Y/n! Go!" He calls out to me as the droplets of the rain that I didn't even know was even there fell on him, revealing his sea monster form. "Yeah! Whoo-hoo!"

I smile at this. But now I wasn't able to see him as I passed through the tunnel. And once we were out of the tunnel, the rain drops fell onto me, revealing my (1/f/c) and (2/f/c) sea monster form.

Tears then left my eyes at the thought of not seeing Alberto for a while. But I then look in the distance and see the island where I first met Alberto.

I smile at the sight of it, already going to miss the little adventure we had. I then look straight forward with a confident smile, already prepared for the future ahead of me.

Months later...

School had finally ended and Luca, Giulia, and I made it back to Portorosso. We already put our stuff away and I was looking for Alberto.

I checked Giulia's house already, but saw that he wasn't there. So now I was running around town to see of I could find him, running past some people.

"Scusi! Alberto! Scusa!" I yell out as I bump run past a few people while looking for Alberto at the same time.

Now I ended up by the water. I haven't seen Alberto anywhere, and now I was starting to get worried. But just as I was about to lose hope, I remember one place that I haven't checked yet.

I look up and see the familiar island in the distance. He's got to be there.

Without hesitation, I dive into the water, revealing my sea monster form, as I then swim my way over to the island.

After some time, I finally make it to the island. Once on the land, I shake the water off of me, turning back into my sea monster form.

"Alberto?" I call out as I walk to the familiar tower.

I see the ladder and decided to climb up. Once I made it to the top, I look around and see a lot of papers handing off the wall of the tower. I walk towards one of the papers and see that they were the letter that I have sent to Alberto. I smile at the thought of him not forgetting about me.

So he has been here. But the question is, where is he?

After doing a quick look around, I climb back down to the ground and look around. I go over to the cliff to see if I could find any clue of Alberto being here. But once I was now standing on the edge of the cliff, I saw nothing.

There was no sign of Alberto anywhere.

I let out a sigh. He's not here, either. But where else could he be. He could probably be back at the town  while I was looking here. That could be a possibility.

"Okay. Time to go back," I say to myself.

But before I could turn around to go back, I hear the sound of footsteps running closer to me and then arms wrap around me as whoever the arms belonged to jumps off the cliff, taking me with them, yelling, "Take me, gravity!"

I knew that voice, but before I could see the person, we were now surrounded in water, now revealing my sea monster form.

I then look to the side and see... Alberto. In his sea monster form. I smile brightly at the sight of him just staying in one spot as he smiles at me.

"Alberto!" I yell as I swim to him and embrace him in a tight hug. "I thought you weren't here. I was just about to give up."

Alberto then chuckles as he hugs back.

"You know me. I would always be here for you," Alberto tells me as we both break away from the hug.

I couldn't even explain the amount of happiness I had right now. But what I did next probably answers the it. I lean forward and kiss Alberto. Just realizing what I did, I back away from him as I started blushing.

"I-I'm sorry, Alberto! I don't know what came over me," I tell him as I look down, getting nervous as I held onto my tail.

But I then feel his hand lift up my chin so that I could look at him. He just smiles warmly at me.

"It's okay. You don't have to get nervous. I feel the same way," Alberto tells me.

I look at him with wide eyes, but then smile. And without even thinking, we both lean forward and kiss as we have our arms wrapped around each other.

After a few more seconds of just staying in one spot, we break away. I then remember that Alberto still needs to see Giulia and Luca.

"Come on, Alberto. We have to see Luca and Giulia. They'll be so happy to see you," I told him as I gestured for him to follow me.

"Oh, yeah. They sure will," Alberto said as we both started to swim back to town.

It was silent for a little bit, until I remembered something that I've been meaning to tell Alberto comes into mind.

"Oh, hey, Alberto. I just remembered. That one Italian greeting you told me. You basically called yourself a twisted trombone."

"Heh. I should say that more often, then."

"Oh, Alberto."

The End