Ending #1: Stay with Alberto

Okay, so most of you wanted me to have Y/n stay with Alberto, but yet, just so that it isn't that difficult and is fair, I'll just do both endings where Y/n stays and she goes to school. You don't have to read both if you don't want to. Some suggested to do both, so I just went for it. This ending is for those who wanted Y/n to stay because a lot of you requested that she should stay. Hope you enjoy.

Y/n's POV

I look at the train ticket one last time and then look back up at Alberto. Without even thinking, I tore the train ticket in two. Alberto looked shocked by this, but I brushed it off.

I then placed my suit case down and put my hands on his shoulders.

"I'm never going to leave your side, Alberto. If you're not coming, then I won't go," I told him.

"But, I thought you wanted to go to school. Like Luca," Alberto tells me.

"That was before. But after finding out how much fun I had with you, I started to get second thoughts," I told him. Without really thinking, I pull him into a hug. "And I finally made my decision."

I then feel him wrap his arms around me, returning the hug.

We then break away from the hug, and I look at Alberto straight in the eye. He looked happy that I was staying.

"I'm glad you decided to stay with me. It wouldn't be the same without you around," Alberto told me.

But before I could say anything else, the sound of the train hissing and the horn tooting broke me out of my thoughts. I look at the train and saw that it was about to leave.

I look at Luca and I could see him smiling at me. I then go over to him and grab his hand.

"Tell Giulia that I'll be staying," I told him.

"Okay. I will," Luca tells me as I could see tears form in his eyes.

And as the train started moving, Luca didn't let go of my hand. He still had a firm grip onto it. Because of this, I had to run beside him so that I wouldn't be dragged. It also started to rain a bit, so a little bit of droplets started to fall on me, revealing a little bit of my (1/f/c) scales.

I also saw that the tunnel was coming up, and he couldn't hold onto me forever.

"Luca, you have to let me go," I tell him.

"But, I'm going to miss you," Luca tells me, sounding sad.

"I'll miss you, too. But you'll see me again," I tell him with a smile. "See you later, cousin."

Luca smiles at me one last time.

"See you later, N/n," He tells me.

And just before the train went through the tunnel, he let go of my hand, making me stop as my full sea monster form was revealed. I was happy for Luca. At least he got what he wanted.

"Go, Luca! Go!" I yelled to him, hearing my voice echo through the tunnel.

I then stand there until the train was no longer in sight. I let out a sigh. I really am going to miss my cousin.

Just then, I feel someone rest their hand on my shoulder. I look to the side and see Alberto standing there while smiling at me.

"He'll be back. Come on. Let's go have fun together," He told me.

I smile at this. I then look back in the direction the train went to, knowing what Alberto said was true. I will see him again. And to top that off, I have fun with Alberto now that I'm staying with him.

"Yeah. Okay."

Months later...

It's been months until Luca and Giulia left. And now, they were coming back. Alberto and I were waiting on the island. We were going to go back to town to wait for him by the train station, but we still had time.

We were at the top of the tower as we look in the distance. Things have gotten better now that we revealed ourselves as sea monsters to the humans.

"I can't wait to see Luca again. It felt different without him, but I still had fun none the less," I told Alberto as I didn't take my eyes off from the town.

"Yeah. It sure has," Alberto told me.

Throughout the time Luca wasn't here, I felt as if I was getting a stronger bond with Alberto. Like, we were getting closer together. I might even have some feelings for him. But, I don't know if he has the same feelings for me.

I mean, I could always just confess my feelings to him, but I just need to find the right time to tell him. I think that maybe now could be the time to tell him.

I take a deep breath and let out a sigh. And just as I was about to speak, Alberto talks before I could say anything.

"Y/n. I have something to tell you," Alberto tells me, making me look at him.

"You do? Okay. What is it?" I ask him.

"Well, ever since we met, I have been having this feeling inside of me. Like, somehow, you and I are connected. And we are very similar," Alberto started to say.

"Uh-huh?" I then say, waiting for him to continue.

"And, I think with the amount of time you and I spent together without Luca made me realize something. Every time I'm with you, I would get this warm feeling in my heart. And I only feel it when I'm with you," Alberto said.

I smile a bit at this, hoping that he was going to say what I think he's going to say.

"So, I guess what I'm saying is that... That I love you," Alberto tells me.

I was right! He does love me!

I then listen as he continues.

"I mean, I understand if you don't feel the same way with me. But I just fee that--"

Without even thinking, I cut him off by kissing him on the cheek. His eyes go wide out of pure shock. He then looks at me as his face goes red.

"I love you, too, Alberto Scorfano," I tell him with a smile.

He then smiles back at me. Now I was happy that he loved me the same way as I loved him.

In the corner of my eye, I saw him raise his hand up to my cheek. I then saw him getting closer to my face. Without even thinking, I lean forward. I then close my eyes as our lips then touch each other's.

I love this feeling. It made me happy. And I'm sure it made Alberto happy, too.

After a few seconds of us two just kissing, we break away. I look into his eyes as he does the same to me. I then let out a soft chuckle.

"Now that we got that off our chest, what should we do next?" I ask Alberto.

"Well, I was thinking that maybe we should travel the world. Together," He tells me as he wraps an arm around me and brings me close to him.

I kiss his cheek one last time, and then we both look into the distance as I lean my head on his shoulder. I wish this feeling would never end.

Now that we were just admiring the view, I didn't even realize that a familiar family member who we were waiting to see was standing right behind us this whole time, eyes wide.

"Holy mother of--!"

The End