Chapter 16

Y/n's POV

So now that we were signed up for the race, all we have to do is train for it. I'm not a part of it, so all I have to do is help out the others.

Now we're in the kitchen while Alberto is sitting on a chair in front of the table as a bowl of pasta was sitting in front of him.

"Okay, ragazzi, we have one week to train," Giulia tells Alberto as she then commands to him in Italian.

"I got this," Alberto tells Giulia. Luca then comes in with other bowls of pasta. I help out and set the bowls on the table. "Wait, what?"

"Every year, they change the pasta. You have to be ready for anything. Could be cannelloni, penne, fusilli, trofie, even lasagne," Giulia tells Alberto. Alberto was about to use his hands to pick up the pasta, but Giulia then uses a rolled up newspaper and smacks his hand with it. "And you have to use a forchetta. It's the rule," Giulia tells him as she gives him the forchetta.

"Ugh! Rules are for rule people," Alberto says as he tries to use the forchetta to try to pick up the pasta, but couldn't.

This was going to be a long week.

Timeskip

Now we're outside trying to help Luca ride the bike, We were going up the hill as he was peddling up beside us. We were able to walk beside him because he wasn't going that fast.

After we finally made it to the top of Mount Portorosso, I look at the downhill and see that it looked pretty far down.

"Holy carp. No. I can't," Luca says.

And just then, I heard somebody else riding their bike passed us. I look to the side and see Ercole riding his bike passed us and towards the downhill.

"I know, I know. And remember, piccoletto..." Ercole starts to say as he then uses his hand and slashes it across his neck while mimicking a knife swishing sound. He also winks at me, making me gag and look away from him while I cross my arms.

He then rides down the hill, making me sigh in relief, knowing that he was gone.

"Forza, Luca, don't let him get in your head. You can do this," Giulia tells Luca.

"Okay. Silenzio, Bruno. Here we go," Luca says as he then starts to ride down the hill. But all of a sudden, he had second thoughts. "I can't!" He yells, and then hits the brakes.

But because of the momentum, he flies off the bike and lands hard on the concrete ground, making me cringe at the sudden pain he probably felt.

Now I'm starting to think that maybe we'll need more training than I thought.

Timeskip

3rd POV

Now Alberto, Luca, and Y/n were helping Giulia train. She was swimming in the ocean not that far from the shore as the trio were on the boat and watching her swim. Well, she was more likely just swimming in one spot.

The three just give her a confused look.

"I guess that's how humans swim," Luca tells his friend and cousin.

"Ugh, that's embarrassing," Alberto says as he and Luca use the paddles and move the boat forward a bit.

But when Alberto's paddle hit the water, some water hit Y/n's face. She didn't notice it at first, but soon did. So she quickly bends down into the boat just in case Giulia was to look back at them and starts to wipe some of the water off her face.