Chapter Three

Calla Lilies represent holiness, purity, and faithfulness

~

Felix was having a normal day.

Keyword : was. 

Until he sneezed, and he heard a demented, "bLess yOu!"

Looking upwards, he saw a pair of crystal eyes staring him down. He watched as they widened, before disappearing.

...Felix was having a normal day, until a very specific ghost accidentally ruined it.

The second time they encountered, Felix was on his rounds around the Emerald Palace.

Despite guarding it due to his Majesty's request, he barely saw the Princess.

So it came as a shock when he glanced over and saw the Princess enthusiastically chatting with the pair of eyes from earlier.

"Princess Jennette?" Felix spoke. "Who are you talking to?"

Jennette turned around frantically while the eyes disappeared. "MYSELF! I- I got so excited about.. flowers- that I just started rambling, haha.."

Felix blinked. The eyes.. disappeared again. And Jennette was apparently rambling to herself.

Felix was having a slightly off day, but a certain ghost and princess made it weirder.

The third encounter, Felix was certain he was going crazy. Because he turned around and saw the eyes watching him.. from behind?? A picture??

In all honesty, Felix wouldn't have noticed the eyes if the portrait didn't blink. The eyes disguised themselves as past rulers, placing their eyes directly onto the painted ones.

Felix stared as the eyes realized, 'my cover was blown!' Before disappearing.

Again.

Felix was having a weird day. But a very specific ghost was making it miserable.

The eyes kept appearing and disappearing throughout the day. Felix would spot them, and then they would disappear. 

And Felix noticed a pattern. After a few times of the eyes watching him, they went and hung out with Jennette.

He wouldn't have been able to tell they were even chatting if Jennette wasn't speaking so loudly.

"The kitchen is just great- isn't it? To the point where I wanna monologue about it.. hahh…"

"BOOKS- they're amazing! So much knowledge just- just there."

"I.. yeah! I always talk to.. myself- about how comfy my bed is! Yeah!"

The worst part is, due to rarely seeing the Princess, he had no idea if she really did just like screaming about candles!

It was driving Felix mad. The only reason he knew he wasn't dreaming was because Jennette saw the eyes too. No matter how many excuses she makes- or truths, the eyes are always around her.

And he was going to get to the bottom of this.
The next time the eyes appeared, he pretended to not notice them. He waited until its guard was completely down, thinking they were hidden..

Before taking his sword out and pointing it at the vase where the eyes were hiding.

"Who are you!?" He commanded. "Show yourself!"

Yelling at the eyes apparently did the exact opposite of what he wanted, and they disappeared again.

"AGGHH! NO!"

Felix started hissing at the vase until someone tapped on his shoulder.

"Uh.. Sir Felix? Why are you hissing at that vase?" A maid meekly asked, looking fearfully at Felix.

"I-" Felix blushed crimson red, embarrassed. "Sorry- it's nothing.."

Felix, staring down at the ground, speed walking away. 

The next time the eyes approached, Felix was tired. He simply glanced over his shoulder and tiredly waved, 'Hello,' before continuing on with his day.

Felix was having a normal day. Then a certain ghost and Princess decided to make it way, way harder than it should have been.

??? POV
I sat in a tree, as I watched the Crimson Knight walk away, defeated. He was observing the ghost, and honestly? It was pretty funny.

From the chimera making up excuses ("Who monologues about kitchens?") to the Crimson Knight screeching at a vase  ("The poor maid looks terrified. I don't blame her."), this ghost was causing a lot of chaos just existing.
I wish we could meet under normal circumstances one day.

~
Author's Note :
The mystery person means, "Not crying" when referring to normal. They suck at comforting people.

If you can't tell, people influenced by black magic cannot hear Athanasia. Felix is around the Emerald Palace so much that he can only hear demented parts of Athanasia's speech, but the mystery person can hear them with clarity due to not being exposed to black magic for a while.

Jennette's excuses are gold.

Lily will meet Athanasia again next chapter!