Chapter Four

Gladiolus represent strength, remembrance, faithfulness, and sincerity.

~

Lily sighed, finishing up her dusting. She hadn't been in a good mindset the past week or two. After Athanasia's execution, she fell into a depressive state. The only reason Lily wasn't completely gone was because of the King and the duties he entrusted her with at the Ruby Castle.

Lily had served the king ever since she was young. She had developed immense loyalty toward him, and only ever obeyed what he wished. The only time she had ever stepped out of line was to protect Athanasia.

And Athanasia was dead.

Lily hadn't had time to properly mourn. At least, that's what everyone thinks. Distracting herself from the world around her, that's the truth. To think that a child she had raised as basically her own was dead, and at such a young age.

She couldn't bear it.

Falling down to the floor, she wept. All of her sorrows escaped her body through the tears in her eyes.

"Hello?"

Lily's eyes shot up, focusing on a translucent princess.

Athanasia floated over to where Lily was, tilting her head to the side. "I was exploring when I heard crying. Are you okay?"

If Lily was crying before, she was sobbing now. She watched as the translucent Athanasia panicked, trying to desperately comfort her.

"Hey, what's wrong?! Are you okay?!"

"The princess's kind heart shines through, like always." The ghost stiffened.

"Did.. you know me?"
"I did." Lily sobbed. "I did."

Recognition flashed before the host's translucent eyes, before looking at her hesitantly. "..Lily..?"

Lily let out another cry as she nodded. The ghost sat there and comforted her, whispering reassurances and positivity.

Lily hasn't been in the best state for a while. But a certain ghost lightened her load.

??? POV :
I frowned, scanning the Emerald Palace one more time. The ghost wasn't there.

Did the ghost move to the afterlife? Were they just exploring? Who knows.

I was watching the chimera, Jennette. The ghost usually hangs around her, so it might appear.

As if on cue, the ghost zoomed up to her.

"Oh- hello, Athanasia!"

Is Athanasia her name?

"Hi Jennette! I made a new- or old, technically, friend!"

"Uh- Athy, you know I can't hear you."

The chimera watched as the ghost happily chattered away, confused.

Warping away, I hummed.

Athanasia, huh?

I'll have to look into that name.

~
Author's Note :
Hello! Sorry for the short chapter. I was supposed to write it the day before, but I got distracted by food.

I hope you enjoyed this short chapter!

Jennette will slowly introduce Ijekiel next chapter.