Chapter Nine

Allium represents unity, good fortune, prosperity, humility and patience.

~

The next time Athanasia saw Lucas, he was in front of Claude. He was in his child-like appearance, performing magic. Colors were swirling around the room, fireworks.

Athanasia doesn't remember the last time she saw fireworks. She was in awe.

They were currently in Claude's palace. Claude was sitting in a chair, watching Lucas's performance with little interest. Jennette sat beside him, Felix to her side. I, on the other hand, was watching from a distance behind Jennette.

Catching Lucas's eyes, he gave a small grin before continuing. More magic swirled around, causing Jennette to gasp in shock.

"How amazing!" Jennette clapped. Claude glanced over, he sighed.

"Jennette, you realize I can do that as well?"

Jennette looked over, a pout on her face. "But father, you haven't been well lately.."

Lucas raised his hand. "If I may interrupt, I can perform healing magic too."

The royals glanced at each other. Claude was sighing, while Jennette's eyes were shining.

"Can we please hire him?" Jennette begged.

"Ugh. Fine."

Squealing, Jennette stood before going to hug Lucas. He stumbled back a bit, before gently removing her arms.

"Thanks.."

Claude waved his hand, excusing Lucas. "Feel lucky."

"Thank you, your majesty." Lucas said.

Lucas turned and started to walk out of the palace, Athanasia trailing after him. "That wasn't so bad, was it?"

"Absolute torture." Lucas said, staring Athanasia dead in the eye.
Athanasia started giggling in her hand. Lucas looked over before saying, "What? It's true."

Athanasia was full on cackling now, as Lucas stared in the most dead expression ever, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh, woe is me!" Athanasia giggled, feigning distress. "I was hugged!"

At this, Lucas let out a small chuckle. "Well, when you put it like that.."

Lucas was snorting, Athanasia still cackling.

They probably looked insane.

"Hey Lucas.." Lucas stopped and looked over. "Are we friends?"

Lucas looked like he physically took damage. "Huh?"

"Friends. Is that us?"

"I.. I guess?"

Athanasia smiled. "I'm glad."

Lucas grinned back, before leaving the palace. Turning to Athanasia, he waved his hand. "Well, this is my stop. See ya, friend."

He then warped away, leaving Athanasia airy and happy.

She made a friend.

In the Palace, a collective shiver went down everyone's back.

"The eyes.." Felix mumbled.

"Huh? Did Athy do something?" Jennette wondered.

Lily simply sighed, before continuing her work.

Claude blinked, before groaning. "I just took a nap. Do I need more sleep?"

Jennette was right. Over the course of the next few days, the horrid duo caused mischief all over the Emerald Palace.

Lucas was there to protect the princess from the, "person in the trees."

Athanasia was just there.

So they decided to make it everyone's problem.

Needless to say, Felix was going crazy.

But they didn't care.

They were friends.