Chapter Ten

Lavender flowers represent purity, silence, devotion, serenity, grace, and calmness. Purple is the color of royalty and speaks of elegance, refinement, and luxury, too.

~

"Lucas?" Athanasia tilted her head. "Why are there bags under your eyes? Did you not sleep?"

"Huh?" Lucas looked over before yawning. "I kinda forgot sleep existed I guess."

Athanasia frowned. "That's not exactly healthy."

"So? I don't really care." Lucas paused. "Plus, it's not like you sleep either."

"That's because I can't, Lucas." Athanasia pouted. "You aren't dead yet, Lucas. You kinda need sleep to function."

"Yeah, whatever." Lucas yawned again before continuing to walk around the palace.

After being instructed by a very dead inside Felix, Athanasia and Lucas couldn't mess around again.

In all honesty, it's not like the guards can do anything about it. After all, Lucas has enough power to destroy Obelia with a single snap and Athanasia is- well, dead, so there's that.

After a bit of comfortable silence, Athanasia quietly spoke up. "Hey, Lucas?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we hang out after you're done working?"

"Aren't we hanging out right now?" Lucas snorted. Athanasia flushed up with embarrassment before clarifying.

"I mean- not on Castle Grounds. Jennette and everyone else is nice and all, but I'm curious! What's outside the gates?"

Blinking, Lucas looked back at Athanasia. "Do you not know? You were alive before you were dead."

"No crap, but I only remember a little bit. Important people in my life."

"I see.." Lucas paused before turning back to Athanasia. "Sure. We can explore the forest."

Later, as promised, they were in the forest. Lucas held a basket, inspecting plants before throwing them in or tossing it to the side. Athanasia was hovering through the trees, spinning in the open air, having fun basically.

"Lucas, why are you picking weeds?"

"They aren't weeds." Lucas huffed. "They're herbs. I can use them in potions and stuff."

"Ohhh." Athanasia flew up to the basket and stared at it for a moment before looking at Lucas. "They still look like weeds though."

Lucas let out a sigh, before returning back to his herbs.

As Athanasia drifted along, Lucas tailing behind her, she couldn't help but think. How long will she have to lie about being this world's Athanasia? Her original body was a poor college student, stressed out of her mind. She knew the bare minimum of the story, but that was it.

"You look stressed." Athanasia turned around, to see Lucas with his head tilted to the side. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Just thinking."

Pausing, Lucas tapped a finger on his chin before snapping. "Do you want to remember your life before you died? Is that it?"

"Kinda.

"...don't worry about it, Ghosty. You'll remember soon."

"Ghosty?"

"Yeah." Lucas scratched his head, seeming a bit embarrassed. "Y'know, like 'Athy' and 'Ghost'? 'Ghosty.' "

"I like it. I just didn't expect that out of nowhere."

"It's fine."

"Well, if you get to nickname me, I get to nickname you!" Athanasia turned around, hands on her ghostly hips.

"Really?" Lucas snorted. "I doubt you can make anything nickname worthy out of 'Lucas'."

"Watch me!" Athanasia huffed. Thinking, she looked over at Lucas. "Lu-lu?"

"Ugh, no." Lucas grimaced. "That's what my old mentor called me."

Athanasia thought for another second. "What about just Lu?"

"Sounds very similar to the last one, but sure."

Athanasia smiled again. "I'm happy we're friends."

Letting out a grin, Lucas replied. "So am I."

Both were thinking the exact same thing at this moment.

I'd destroy Obelia for you.

Unknown POV :

How interesting.

The dead princess came back as a ghost.

This may be a problem to my plans.

You mean, 'our' plans?

Yes. I meant 'our'.

~
Author's Note : oh boy is that some relationship development I see?

Who's clingier, no one knows.

Thanks for reading!