chapter eleven

I wake up and the alarm clock next to my bed says it's midnight already, I'm not surprised I slept that long my body doesn't react well with pain killers,I feel movement besides me and turn to see Mason next to me , perfect.

I wince as I sit up and put my shoes on, someone changed me into comfortable and decent pajamas,I have to get Mason and get out of here.

"Mason,mason",I shake him awake. He looks at me foggy eyed and yawns. "Listen we are going to play a game I don't feel well so this is the only way I'll feel better so listen to me and do as I say",I tell me and help him to his feet.

I go to the kitchen and tell him to hide and wait for me ,I saw a lighter in here so I grab it and painful walk back up to my room. I set the curtains ablaze when I get there and watched as the fire begins to grow. And run to Anna's room that was down the hall.

"Anna there's a fire!", and she quickly gets up,"fire where?",she freinticly asks. " My room Mason is still inside",I say just in time when the fire alarm go off.

She runs out and I go to her dresser and pull out a wallet and some keys. Everyone is awake and is trying to put out the fire God really must be on my side because everyone is standing at my door trying to get in so they can save Mason as Lydia sobs and pushes for Giovanni to get in.

Everyone is busy rushing upstairs and I quickly run to the kitchen and get Mason. "Hurry Giovanni is trapped"  I say to the guards I meet.

I press the keys multiple times and a car opens I put Mason in side and I step on the gas. Just as we pass the gates I see Giovanni walk out with no shirt in the rearview mirror and Lydia chases after the car but is stopped by Anna and Giovanni looks pissed.

"Nithia are we running away",Mason asks.

" Don't worry everything will be fine just put on your seatbelt", I say as drive. I need to find officer Leon he is the only one I can think of that can help me.

I have no idea where we are going but we must find a place to hide Giovanni knows I'm not stupid so I'll go to the place he leasts expects our old apartment he knows it's the last place I'll go because that's where she would first look so I'll bit the bullet and play stupid something he leasts expects.

I leave the car at the fire station on the opposite side of town and take a bus back to our old apartment.

"I don't like this Nithia let's go home",Mason who's in my lap says. " Mason I'm your home and you are mine, don't you want me to feel better?",I ask him.

" Okay fine as long as you feel better",he says.

We reach and head up to our old apartment as expected the door is locked so I get on my knees and pick the lock the door opens and we get in,some of our stuff was stolen and the only thing remaining is the old couch. I put him down and wrap him in the blanket I grabbed when we got out of there.

"Mason stay here , don't open the door to anyone nor answer okay, I'll go get us some food",I tell him and he goes back to sleep.

I need a phone but I don't have his number so I'll use the easiest thing social media.