chapter thirty six

Lucas not telling me about his injury just shows how cold our relationship has grown, it's been a week and I haven't seen Giovanni,to be honest I really don't want to see any of them.

Olivia accompanies me but I know she read sent to keep an eye on me. I've been thinking of how to contact Mercelo,I want to keep my brothers safe. "If he dies then he dies"

The door opens and Giovanni walks in "it's been a week I'm sure you are no longer angry,I miss my wife",he says and pulls me into his arms.

" I want to take you somewhere,so get ready",he says before kissing my forehead and walking out , Olivia walks in and runs me a bath.

Mercelo said if I helped him send Giovanni to prison he'd help me get witness protection,I don't know if Giovanni would seek revenge after I send him to prison but I'm sure his partners and contacts wouldn't let it go. I'd get Mason and Lucas and go far away from everything where we'd forget about Giovanni and everything that happened,but how to contact Mercelo without Giovanni finding out,he only gives me a cellphone when we go somewhere to seem normal.

I sit as Olivia does my makeup "Mercelo said you can use my phone to contact him" she whisperes barely enough for me to hear.

"What did you say?"

"Mr Salvatore hears everything and sees every thing going on",she continues.

What I'm being spied on? but what did she say before that.

"I'm working with Interpol, I'm working with Mercelo just let me know when you need to contact him,the only place Mr Salvatore didn't install cameras is the bathroom",she whispers and continues doing my makeup her mouth barely moves and I can't seem to fathom how she's doing it.

I look suspiciously at her , I'd be a fool to believe her honestly, Giovanni isn't stupid to let a secret agent into the house.

I choose a pair of jeans heels a tank top and leather jacket. Olivia leads me downstairs where I find Flavio,Enzo and Giovanni having a discussion amongst themselves,they all stop and look at me . Enzo is a s indifferent as always Flavio offers me a warm smile but I just ignore him.

Surprisingly today it's Giovanni himself that is driving,he opens the door for me and I get in, it's quite and awkward throughout the entire drive.

"How long are you going to be upset with me?",he asks but I just look out the window and ignore him.

"I'm speaking to you and expect you to answer dollface,I don't want to get angry",he warns

I guess I don't even have the right to get upset " why would I be upset with you,what did you do?",I sarcastically say.

As we drive the roads start getting familiar,I look at him in Surprise and he just smirks,we are going to the Los Angeles speedway,but why,what is he planning.

"What are we doing here ?",I finally ask.

" Just meeting a friend",he says.

We arrive and I'm resisting the edge to jump up and down,I once came here with my dad for my thirteenth birthday the same year before he killed himself. It brings both sad and good memories.

Giovanni opens the door for me and we walk to the man waiting for us ,he then leads us to the top floor,and it has the perfect view of the speed way.

"Jack, it's been such a long time".

"Giovanni welcome,you don't know how surprised I was when I got your call",the man says and turns to me " this must be your lovely wife",he says kissing the back of my hand.

" It's a pleasure to meet you",I say, I've seen this man somewhere my eyes widen as realisation dawns on me " Oh my god,Jack Hendrick?".

"At your service my lady",he says I can't believe this I look at Giovanni and he just looks amused at my excitement. Mason and Lucas will never believe this.

We walk to a table and I'm still in shock I just let Giovanni lead me by the hand,this man owns Hendrick Motorsport.

Throughout the breakfast I do nothing but just eat and listen to them talking "I have another surprise for you", Giovanni says and a lady comes and tells.me to follow her. She leads me to a dressing room and there what I find almost makes me fainte out of excitement,the full Hendrick Motorsport racing gear with the organization's flagship car's number, number 5,with the helmet and everything.

I have to pinch myself to know if this is real, without wasting time I'm already taking my clothes off, I managed to put on suit and was about to walk out when a locker opens and out comes Mercelo,in a cleaners uniform, making me scream.

"Are you alright Mrs Salvatore?",the lady I told to wait outside asks.

"Yes I'm fine, I'm just too excited",I yell "Mercelo are you out of your mind?".

" Listen Nithia I have no time,I came to tell you to contact me through Olivia,you have to help me, Kendra Martin was found dead this morning,she showed signs of abuse and was badly beaten to death,this are not the people that should be near your brothers"he says.

Kendra is dead but Flavio said she was okay, unfortunately,I can't believe Giovanni can be this cruel, honestly I'm not surprised, remembering that bloodied and beaten man in the warehouse shows he is capable of a lot of things.

"Why do you hate Giovanni so much?",

He looks at me and sighs "Growing up I wanted to be a doctor,my Dad loved his job so much and as I grew older he would share some of cases he was working on with me,he had managed to finally gather enough evidence about the Salvatore family's shady deals,but his partner sold him out one night I didn't tell him I was coming over from my mom's house,all I heard was a loud bang when I was asleep upstairs in my room,I slowly walked towards the stairs and looked down only to see Enzo Salvatore's foot on his head,my Dad locked eyes with me and I knew he was begging me not to move ,His partner laughed at him for choosing to mess with the wrong people after that all the evidence and my dad's life was lost,I tried reporting to the police but the case was dismissed,you and I are victims of the Salvatore family that is why you have to help me".

I know his right, seeing your father die is the worst thing "I am going to help you ,but I want custody of Mason back and Lucas must be kept safe, I'm not educated I didn't finish high school,so as Giovanni's wife I'm legally entitled to his property,I want half of it,so that my brothers and I don't have to worry about a roof over our heads",

" I can make that possible, I'll keep in touch, remember you can trust Olivia",he says.

" Mrs Salvatore is everything alright?" The lady asks and I walk out with the helmet in my hands.

She leads me to track where Giovanni and Jack are waiting for me standing next to Hendrick Motorsports flag car Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE.

"Want to take it for a ride?" Giovanni asks.