chapter forty six

FORTY SIX

"He is going to be fine, Nithia don't cry", Flavio tried to calm me down,I couldn't. I felt nauseated and dizzy, and Enzo pacing and cussing didn't help to calm my nerves.

"Cazzo!",yelled as he spoke to someone on the phone.
Lydia wasn't good either,the nurse had to give her something to sedate her and Mason was taken to a safe house.
Leonardo just looked on and spoke to someone on the phone,the look in his eyes, something just told me he was responsible.

"Nithia,can I speak to you,for a second", Mercelo says with officers behind him,the police were here to stop the media from entering.

"It's Mrs Salvatore to you and can't you see that she's in noy shape to speak to you people right now",

" We just want a statement, it's an important part of the investigation", Mercelo says.
" It's okay Flavio",I say but I'm interrupted by Enzo.

" Wait a minute,I think I'm missing something here,since when were you two on a first name basis,do you know something about this!?",Enzo asked, grabbing my arm.

" Hey! Calm down brother", Flavio says as Leonardo gets him away from me.

I tell them all I know and what happened,the shot seemed to have come from the balcony in our room that faced the garden, because that's where his back was facing when we were dancing,the person must have been inside,but Giovanni and Enzo are always serious about security,so there is no way someone with a gun could have gotten pass security.

"I haven't heard from you in such a long time", Mercelo says.

" I've changed my mind Mercelo I'm not going to turn my husband in",I say ,it takes a few seconds for it to settle in and I can see the confusion and shock in his eyes as he processes what I just said.
I'm shocked too,but after seeing him in this state,I realized I don't want to live without him,as sick and twisted as it is ,I just don't want him to die.

"You don't mean it Nithia, Victims tend to get attached to their captors,it may be Sherlock syndrome, I'll get you help, you'll be fine"

"I'm going to get to the bottom of this and if I find out you had something to do with this you're going to pay", Enzo warns.

" Are you crazy ! I'd never put Giovanni's life in danger,yes I resent him but I'd never kill him,you asshole!",I yelled and hit Enzo's chest.

" Leo please take Nithia,home and let her get some rest",

" Wait I'm not leaving Giovanni's side!",

"I know you care about him",he smiles sadly but it's best you go and get some rest , Giovanni wouldn't want you to worry, I'll keep you informed if anything happens", Flavio says.

" I don't want to go with Leonardo",I frown.

"Oh come on Sweetheart,I take care of you",he says and gently takes me from Flavio.

As soon as we walked out of the hospital the place was swamped with journalists,the flashing lights blinded me for a second as they tried to get past the security and police officers to get my statement,they frightened me and I had to lean into Leonard's arms.
" I told you I don't like seeing you smile at him",he says as he opens the door to the car .
Wait what!?, Before I could react he pushed me inside the car.

"What do you mean!What did you do!"I screamed and hit him as soon as he entered the car.

"I warned you sweetheart, it's All your fault,but don't worry if Giovanni dies then we can be together",he says and smiles. And that's the last straw,I scream crazy and hit him with all my might.

"Susan!That's enough,why are you so upset,you love him? It was Federico, now it's Giovanni! I won't let you humiliate me again,I won't let you laugh at my feelings you stupid bitch! ",He yells in my face and begins hitting the steering wheel, Susan? A dreadful feeling filled the bones in my body.It's been so long since I heard my mother's name.

"Open this door,let me out!", I say pulling on the door handle trying to get it open , I'm not going to sit in this car with this psycho,lest he does something to me.

"I'm sorry Sweetheart",he lovingly says "you're just confused the Salvatore's are manipulative, they'll get in your head to keep you by their side, they've done it to you and your brothers, don't worry I already have plans everything will soon be over",he says and starts the car.

" When Giovanni wakes up , I'm going to tell him everything",I say and a deadly silence settles between us.

"And you think he'll believe you?"he smugly says,he will, won't he? He said he loves me,but what if he believes the person he grew up with.

"Yes he loves me",

" Ha!",he laughs, tossing his head back "I guess I have no choice then".