chapter thirty four

I woke up and felt like my head was going to split open Giovanni that bastard,I cuss at him, looking around I must be back at the mansion. The door opens and Flavio walks in with a tray.

"You're awake,do you need anything?",he says helping me sit up.

" Water ", I hoarsely say

He pours me a glass and I quickly drink up. I'm not in the mood to say anything to him, I'm sure he knew that Lucas was hurt but didn't say anything to me,they kept it from me.

He sighs and places the bed tray table next to me"I know you're upset but I really couldn't say anything, Giovanni didn't want to worry you, besides Lucas is fine and he himself said not to say anything to"he says but I just glare at him and he leaves the room defeated.

I can't believe I started to feel safe around these people my stomach growls and my eyes fall on the breakfast he brought me and I quickly dig in. After eating I sit back and digest the happenings of last night, I killed someone, I'm a murderer and I was going to kill Giovanni too what was I thinking that's not me I don't know what got into me. Even though Kendra wanted to kill me I shouldn't have taken her life, my eyes redden and tears fall from my eyes, I've taken somebody's life, I'm no different than Giovanni.

The door opens again and Leonardo walks in,I can't say it but I'm relieved to see him "Leo",I cry.

"What's wrong,is anything hurting?",he says and I quickly through myself into his arms.

"I killed her ,I shot Kendra,she was going to kill me and I got the gun from Giovanni and shot her , I'm a murderer",I sob.

" It's okay it's not your fault, you're not not a murderer besides Kendra is fine , she's in bad shape but she is okay,you were only defending yourself",he coes and pats my back.

" I'm going to jail, I'm a murderer"

"No you're not going to jail,the police were taken care of it was all in self-defense",he says and hands me a tissue I then realized that I was in his embrace and pushed him away from me. "I'm sorry" I apologise.

"It's okay",he says and hands me some painkillers "Flavio forgot to get you to take them".

I take the painkillers and hand the glass back to him" are you sure Kendra is okay?"

"Yes, unfortunately",

I know what he meant now that she didn't die she had to deal with Giovanni he wasn't going to let her go for trying to kill us both I feel sorry but I'm glad I didn't kill her.

"Don't worry okay",he says and tucks my hair behind my ear,I can feel his breath fan my face as he leans down and kisses me,what the f**k,my eyes go wide and I push him away raising my hand to smack him across the face,the impact leaves my hand stinging.

"What the hell do you think you're doing are you out of your mind!"

He grabs my hand and looks me deep in the eye " I know you feel the same way I feel about you don't deny it Nithia",he kisses my palm affectionately and continues " soon you'll be mine,you won't have to be scared anymore love".

" Get away from me!",I snatch my hand away and push him.just then the door opens and Giovanni walks in.

"What the f**k is going on here",he asks squinting his eyes at us looking between Leonardo and me.

"Nothing right love?,just came to make sure she took her painkillers", Leonardo says getting up from the bed and looking at me.

"Yes ",I say and shift where I'm sitting.

Leonardo walks out and it takes all the will power in me not throw the lamp at him,I know I may have liked him at some point ,what was I thinking ?, it was never going to happen between us not in this world,but that doesn't mean he can take liberties with me ,with Giovanni I don't have a choice I've never been given an opinion,I thought Leonardo was different I thought he respected me and cared for my opinion. He always comforted me with his tendee gaze and smile but there wasn't a trace of any of that in that crazed look just now.

"Don't think I didn't see the hand print on his cheek,so tell me what the hell happened or the three of us are going to have a problem dollface ",he says sitting next to me.

" I don't give a shit you all can go to hell,you got my brother hurt,you let him get hurt,you took him with you!"

" Who told you,he was with me?"he asks

" Of course he told me I spoke to him!",I say if he finds out I've been talking to Mercelo we're both going to die.

"I don't like your tone dollface, I'm beginning to get angry",he says caressing my cheek. " The doctor said you need to rest you have a minor concussion",he says and kisses me " get some rest ",he whisperes and walks out.