chapter twelve

I get on the bus and I sit next to this old lady that's dozzing off ,oh Lord please forgive I say to myself as my hand reaches for her purse ,Mason and I need this money.

I grab her purse and get off at the next stop and walk from there,I need to log into my account and text Edward he is the only one that can help me .

I walk to the internet cafe and just as I am about to cross the street I see  Flavio and some of Giovanni's men,f**k and I quickly hide. I need to get Mason and we need to leave immediately so I turn back and head back home but before that I buy us some food using the old lady's money that I stole.

I can always talk to him later,the money I have is enough for us to go to another town and stay in the motel for a few days,so with that resolve I enter the building after making sure there isn't any suspicious activity going on.

"Mason,I brought food ",I tell as I enter.

" Nithia you're finally back",he runs to me " I was scared being all alone",he pouts.

" I'm sorry sweetie I promise it won't happen again now eat up because we have to leave",I say and open the pizza box to give him a slice. I leave him eating and go to use the bathroom. I look at my haggered appearance and trust me I'm not impressed,I look like shit.

I wash my face and bits,I may be in a shity situation but I don't want to smell bad.

As soon I get out I hear the phone ring, and Mason answering,no no no,I try my best to run and stop him but it's too late.

"Hello,oh hi Giovanni,you finally found us",he giggles and I can hear Giovanni chuckle at the other end of the phone. And I know we have been found.

"Mason put the god-damned phone down",I yell startling him." We have to leave now!".

"Run as fast as you can babydoll, because I'm coming", Giovanni yells and my heart drops,we have to get out of here.

I grab Mason and put him on my back but as soon as I open the door I hit a brick wall and arms wrap around Mason and I to stop us from falling.

"Flavio grab the kid", Giovanni says and Mason is taken from me.

"No let him go!",I scream.

"Shut up, Flavio take Federico to my mother's mansion", Giovanni says while stepping on my hand and crushing my fingers beneath his boots.The pain travels through me like a bolt of lightning and I scream out in pain as my eyes sting from my tears.

"You messed up door face and now I'll make it so you never see your brother again,you hear me you little bitch",he says and lifts me up by the hair and starts dragging me out of the apartment.

"Let go of me ,you bastard why can't you just leave us alone",I sob.

" Shut the fuck up",he slaps me across the face " why are you always forcing me to hit you, you're so disobedient,I was too lenient I even let you be with your siblings,I didn't hurt them , women are meant to obey their husbands",he says and carries me all the way outside and I'm thrown into the backseat of the car.

We arrive and my ear is still ringing from the slap I received earlier and the side of my face that was slapped feels like it was stung by a thousand bees.