chapter thirty three

As soon as I step out I'm blinded by the flashing camera lights,for a moment I just stand there like a deer under headlights, Giovanni steps in front of me and helps arrange my dress properly,his hand reaches up to capture my chin ,his lips rising into an amused smile and it's all the assurance I need as I loop my hand into his arm and walk to the center.

I shiver a little because of the dress I'm wearing,many people call to grab his attention so he can look at the camera but his eyes are just on me ,I take this chance to look at him clearly,he has his hair styled and combed back making his look sophisticated and elegant the black tax makes it look like wearing matching.

"I wore a red tie to match the red thong you have on",he whispers. The thong is barely some strings connected together.

We are ushered into the building and as soon as we enter people begin swarming around Giovanni making feel out of place. "Just smile and return their greetings don't embarrass me",he whispers.

So that's what I do just smile and return their greetings other people make small talk about liking my hair and dress. Afterwards we were ushered to our table and my feet were killing me Flavio and Leonardo were already sitting there. I couldn't help but look around and saw some familiar faces including Mercelo.

Long boring speeches are said, little children are brought up the stage and checks are written out. I wonder if the people that need the money even get to receive it,I don't if it's because I'm nervous I kept downing the champagne.

"Easy on the champagne there", Flavio says drawing Giovanni's attention on me,the look he gives me tells me to stop ,I don't know why he is acting like this when he was nice a while ago.hh. He like being in control of me wanting me to submit to everything he says. I can't believe at some point I actually missed him,maybe I'm beginning to lose my mind.

The dance floor is open and everyone gets up to socialize and I use this to excuse myself,I stumble through the hallway and walk out to a garden and sit by the fountain, coming here was a mistake, I'm not classy and refined like the people here and I can't speak eloquently,I should have stayed home.

I take my phone out from my clutch and dial Luca's number Leonardo gave it to me I know after this Giovanni will probably the phone back.

It rings a few times and he finally picks up "Lucas it's me,how have you been,I miss you",

There's a long pause before he responds " Nithia what do you want",the impatience in his voice cuts through me like a knife.

"I just wanted to..........", before I can finish he already hangs up on me. Maybe he is still angry I don't know why I was abandoned too but he is my little brother I'll always understand , I'll just wait until he feels like talking and is no longer upset.

I get up and decide to walk back to the party when Mercelo stops me on my tracks "what do you want? I'm not going to help you ",I say and continue walking.

" Lucas got shot"

"What the hell did you just say",I just spoke to Lucas so what is he talking about.

"I just spoke to him".

"I know but as we speak he is in the hospital,he received a shot on the shoulder luckily the bullet entered on side and came out the other",he says and hands me a medical report and shows me a picture of Lucas on a stretcher.

"This is only the beginning,he is in danger, don't you see ,I can help you if you help me",he says and walks away. Giovanni wants to turn my brother into a criminal like him. I can tell the rage and anger and all I wanted to do was curve his face in ,what would have happened if he got shot in the chest if he wasn't lucky,Lucas would be dead and u wouldn't know anything,the fact that he didn't even say anything to me makes it more upsetting but I know I can't just walk in there and scratch his face off,so after controlling my emotions I walk back in.

"Where did you run off to", Giovanni says immediately he sees and hugs me.

" I went to get some air",I say and he gets the phone in my hand " I see you spoke to Lucas,did he tell you anything?"

" No is there something I need to know"

" No,you know you're supposed to talk to them only when I say so ,why did you disobey me",he smiles and leads me by the hand into one of the rooms.

"I missed you"  he says and puts me on his lap" But you became really daring while I was away, who said you could look for Federico"

" He is my brother I have every right to see him, even if you send me to hell , I'll crawl my way out just to see him and his name is Mason you asshole",I say and get off him " Lucas got shot and you didn't tell me anything you almost got my brother killed!"

" it was not a big deal and if he dies then he dies,this is how the illegal world works I  didn't force your brother he himself wants to join in the trade,he goes to underground fight clubes ,does drugs what's that got to do with me  ,this is what I don't like,you challenging me dollface, Mason is now Federico and he belongs to my mother you went to see him without my permission and my mother doesn't want you anywhere near him so you'll never speak to him again" he says kissing my neck.

If he dies then he dies,his disregard for my brothers lives is what I hate the most and one of these days I'm going to kill him.

" Over my motherfucking dead body, I won't let you or  your bat shit crazy mother stop me from seeing my brother,one of these days I'm going to kill you Giovanni you wait and see",I snap I can see his eyes darken ,I know I've pissed him off but what did he expect ,me to say it's okay and have sex with him?

"I don't like it when you use that tone, and if you want to kill me then I'll be waiting for that day to come dollface, I'd like to see you try ".

" Nobody is invincible Giovanni you'll get yours, you'll pay for ruining our lives especially for my father's death"

"It's only fair for you too to pay for Federico's death"

"I'm I'm already paying for it god damnit"

He sighs and looks at me "I'm trying  to make things between us work Nithia, without me hitting you"

"Is you really are not right in the head",is he crazy what the hell is he even saying make what work?

Before he says anything else the door opens and Kendra who I haven't seen in a long time walks in.

"So this is where you were hiding,why haven't you been answering my calls",she says

" What are you doing here, didn't I say our contract ended"

" It can't be Giovanni,you can't do this to me , I've been with you for five years,five god damn years"

" And ?you and I have a mutual understanding but you went and slept with Leo"

She reaches for her clutch and takes out a gun " I love you!and you're going to leave me for a whore like her!I can never accept it" She screams and points the gun at me " you're a whore just like your bitch of a mother". Before i can blink fast she pulls the trigger and shoots at me ,Giovanni grabs me by the elbow shifting to my side shielding me .

The bullet grazes his arm and he falls to the ground "you stupid bitch!"

Seeing what she had done ,she begins to panic and rushes to Giovanni's side pushing me away"this is all your fault!" She says and turns the gun on me Giovanni pushes her away and she misfires the gun, she falls to the ground and before she can turn the gun on me I get the gun inside Giovanni's suit jacket and fire at her hitting her in the chest.

I shot her ,I just killed a person, I'm a murderer and I'm going to jail,I was shaking and panicking, Kendra wasn't moving and blood began sipping through her velvet white dress.

"It's okay Nithia give the gun to me", Giovanni says drawing me back to reality.

I looked at the gun in my hands and an idea poppedeup in my mind,he is wounded if I were to kill him too,I can go get Mason and we can disappear from here. He saw the look in my eyes and I turned the gun on him.

"Fuck!",he yelled as I pulled the trigger but I was suddenly swelt off my feet and my head hit the coffee table before everything going black.